Show your DIY Projects

I could imagine that the PBW might "affect" the rubber. Is the pump itself rubber clad? Or is it the rubber hoses that are breaking down?
Not the hose is I think it's just the pump.
It's just a utility pump that I had kicking around, cheap made

It has a 1 1/2" outlet reduced to 3/4" with a threaded adapter that goes into a copper pipe with one of those spinny ball things on the top to spray. I'll take a picture when i go outside in a bit.

I scored a ridiculously oversized sump pump for $30 so it's hard to say no.

I can't pass down deals either lol.

I got my eye on the 920gph pump on amazon for 30 bucks. If I don't sort out the prob then will just buy that I think.

Manifold complete! Took quite a few hours to get it all together but finally got it done. Did a mini Mach brew day while cleaning and seems to all work. Few adjustments left but no rush. Shouldn't have to touch a hose or a cam lock from filling HLT to cleaning Brew kettle.

20190404_145347-2016x1512.jpg

A work of art Snook once again you've raised the bar mate! Is that one pump pushing your wort around there? I'm imagining driving that thing pissed would have it chalanges lol:).

I've go one valve in my all in one brew rig and 2 brews back my poor pump copped it for about 20-30 minutes with recirculation valve turned off (I turn it off to take pre boil gravity reading out the return hose but didn't turn the valve back on). Them march pumps are built strong.

Thanks @Trialben .
There is another snuck away on the very right for total of 2 pumps.
Yeah it should be an interesting brew day if I do it on the weekend hahana!

Thanks @Trialben .
There is another snuck away on the very right for total of 2 pumps.
Yeah it should be an interesting brew day if I do it on the weekend hahana!
All I can say is you've still got more brain cells then me mate! Would of took some thinking to work that out.

Yes a kettle, Just trying to think of a cool handle to add.
New Kettle3.jpg

Good Call.......Yes will have to cut out for the IC.

Good Call.......Yes will have to cut out for the IC.
I use alfoil when chilling to cover kettle but would love a better more solid lid design you've inspired me. The glass lid I mentioned is good for when mashing but them inlet and outlet pipes just get in the road when chilling.
I like to keep wort covered when it's cool as much as possible don't want no dog hairs floating in:D!

Wasn't sure if this should have gone here or under what I did in home brewing today....Here is my PVC fly sparge arm....Highly scientific testing finds I'm getting about a gallon every 1 minute and 45 seconds under a simple gravity feed. I'll see how this works some time this weekend.

20190514_202015.jpeg

cheap hop back made from mostly spare parts to sit just before entering the fermentation vessel, whole hops only so far. I've designed this to enter from the bottom and because of that it will never over flow

IMG_20190518_134923450.jpg
IMG_20190518_135003854.jpg
IMG_20190518_135045918.jpg

going to try this with pellet hops, pretty course screen

IMG_20190518_162534008.jpg

Last edited:
cheap hop back made from mostly spare parts to sit just before entering the fermentation vessel, whole hops only so far. I've designed this to enter from the bottom and because of that it will never over flow

View attachment 6036 View attachment 6037 View attachment 6038

going to try this with pellet hops, pretty course screen

View attachment 6040
Cool like a coffee plunger type thing where the goods are hops. Will have to let us know how much more hop flavour aromas you get into your beer this way Oz?

Yes looks good, I need to think about one of these if it works out.

Back