Edit Function in Brew Steps

HavocBrewingCo

Reaction score
Hi friends!

I just had the best brew day ever. It was organized, and efficient, and for the first time I didn't forget something and have to scramble to get things right. It might sound corny, but this was entirely thanks to Brewer's Friend. Thank you

One request I have for functionality: I'd like to be able to edit the Brew Steps...

I know that I can add/delete and reorder the steps - but I'd like the option to edit the ones already there.

THANKS!

I'll +1 this. It's come up a few times recently.

Though if I was having my wishes around brew steps, I'd prefer to have the steps tied to a recipe, rather than my account. That way I can have the different steps for things like the kettle sours, mixed ferments and straight sacch batches, with and without adjuncts.

I'll +1 this. It's come up a few times recently.

Though if I was having my wishes around brew steps, I'd prefer to have the steps tied to a recipe, rather than my account. That way I can have the different steps for things like the kettle sours, mixed ferments and straight sacch batches, with and without adjuncts.
Me two

You guys can't use that feature?
upload_2019-2-28_7-45-43.png

Instead of editing the ones there, I know you have to add your own and delete the ones you don't want, but you can copy/paste when you edit if you want.

You guys can't use that feature?
View attachment 5343

Instead of editing the ones there, I know you have to add your own and delete the ones you don't want, but you can copy/paste when you edit if you want.

I totally can - and have. But if I were to give advice on how to make the most functional, most user-friendly brew software, I would recommend adding this function. You’ve already got a great product - heads and shoulders above the rest - this would make it more functional, IMO.

It’s not all that different than the edit function currently employed in the brew log.

In the current brew steps, if I want to streamline my process for future brews, I need to add, delete, or reorder. But what if I want to make a minor change to one step (multiple steps)? Current process requires me to create something new, and then place it in the proper order, and then delete out the old step. That’s 3 steps, when I could simply edit what’s already there in one.

I totally can - and have. But if I were to give advice on how to make the most functional, most user-friendly brew software, I would recommend adding this function. You’ve already got a great product - heads and shoulders above the rest - this would make it more functional, IMO.

It’s not all that different than the edit function currently employed in the brew log.

In the current brew steps, if I want to streamline my process for future brews, I need to add, delete, or reorder. But what if I want to make a minor change to one step (multiple steps)? Current process requires me to create something new, and then place it in the proper order, and then delete out the old step. That’s 3 steps, when I could simply edit what’s already there in one.

Oh, I see what you're saying now. Thanks for explaining to me. I'll see what we can do.

I will +3 this

Not at this time- we just did a big release two days ago and are working on the next, but this one is on our radar and a developer will see how long it would take to add.

Back