Decimal errors in water calcs

Wurst Brauerei

Trial Member
Reaction score
I've been away for a while and am now able to brew again and thought I'd check on some old recipies. I notice that my water calcs have a lot of red values due to unsupported decimals.

For example I can't have decimal values for salt additions. It's either 1 or 2g which will make a huge difference in the final profile.

The acid additons have to be whole numbers too.

https://imgur.com/a/TQbTSlb

Is this how it should be, or am experiencing a bug?

I can use decimals- what browser/version are you using?

5C2DEFAF-F24F-4716-9AF0-82DE93427AB9.png

8AA558B4-763B-43EB-B46F-DCAE0514189E.png

How odd. Figures that it's just me. I'm using Firefox 65.0.1 on Linux. I'm going to try some other browsers on other machines then to double check.

Could it be a setting I have in brewersfriend that's causing this?

So trying it again in Chromium worked. Decimals were valid. Tried again in Firefox both logged in and not, and getting decimal errors.

Time to check if any addons are causing this. I'll report back

Disabled all plugins and set Privacy to default. No errors in the webconsole but still get a red highlight when entering decimals.

From your screen shot your unit of measurement is missing for the item with the red cross. Maybe it's that?

So only on Firefox on Linux is what you’ve found? I’m using safari on iPad and chrome on iPhone, and vice versa, and have no issues. I’ll open a ticket for this and keep you posted.

From your screen shot your unit of measurement is missing for the item with the red cross. Maybe it's that?

Added units and still have the error. This does happen on other fields too, like pH for example. Interestingly though the calculations all still work, but the red border appears around any decimal.

No issues on Chromium on the same machine. It is just Firefox on two different machines and Linux distros

hi all, that happens because the html input is declared as type number, not type decimal.

Chrome and other browsers maybe dont care about that, but Firefox validate it.

it requiere to fix the html by the Brewersfriends team, use another browser meanwhile.

cheers!

upload_2019-3-27_14-27-52.png

We’ve got the fix for this in beta now, ready for release. I’ll let you know when it’s released!

Back