Fast fermentation

UB2

Trial Member
Reaction score
I may have "over pitched" starting OG was 1.056 just 3 days in it is at 1.01.
I'm thinking I need to let this sit for at least a week so the yeast can clean things up. Any insight?

Danstar Windsor, a full packet in a 2 gallon batch. This was sort of an experiment, honey mango.

I've done that with a slurry before and within 2 days it had done the same thing but I always keep mine a minimum of two weeks to be sure fermentation is done and give the yeast some time to clean things up and start to clear. I haven't used that particular yeast but I wouldn't remove it after 3 days. Its a honey mango, did you put actual honey in there or a honey like malt? If so, how much honey?

it doesn't matter what size a batch is or how much yeast you put in the time to ferment and condition is still the same.
For best results 10 days to 2 weeks in my book just to ferment, then a week to condition

1lb honey, 2 mangos, diced. I will give it 10 days and then it will go straight to bottles.

Thanks for the replies!

Honey usually takes forever to ferment. It is made up from complex sugars.

Good luck with it.

Follow up the Honey mango turned out great, a bit hazy but I rushed the first taste. Going to let this bottle condition for a few more weeks.

Back