My mix berry recipe...

wheresthebeer!

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello!
A few weeks ago I created a berry mix mead. Divided the gallon recipe in half so I have two half gallons going. I used the balloon method with springwater plastic gallon jugs.
I have 3 jugs in the kitchen cabinet, actually. The JOAM (1 gallon), 2 half gallons of the berry mix mead. One of the berry mix mead half gallon has stopped fermenting (deflated balloon) and is clear. This one is the furthest away from the door. My questions:
Should I go ahead & do a taste test?
Should I rack that one?
I am hoping that it might be ready in time to give my sister a bottle for her birthday in May.
My recipe (Note: All the following ingredients were divided in half. I put the berries & raisins in a food processor. Then divided it in half):
3 lbs. of Great Value Raw Honey
12 oz. of fresh mixed berries (used what was left over from a different birthday party. Yes, I washed them!) Mixed berries had the following berries: blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries
20-25 raisins
4 teaspoons of bread yeast (2 teaspoons per half gallon plastic jug)
I followed the same procedure of preparation as is described in the JOAM recipe.
In the photo below, the jug in question is the one on the left.

Attachments

• CAM03216.jpg
    CAM03216.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Never made mead. Down to the other 23 viewers now. ;)

I have never made mead, and still consider myself a beginner. I read all threads in the name of learning, sorry I can't help you.

I've made one batch of mead, straight, meaning honey, yeast nutrient, water and yeast. It came out fine but I can hardly say I know much about the process.

All I can tell you is that if anyone here can help you, they will help you. I hope that someone with experience doing what you are doing will see your thread and offer some help. That said this is a forum to share information, experiences, and ideas, not an information service, and, as my Mom always said, you will attract more flies with honey, than with vinegar.

Back