Hop total / IBUs not right

jdotk

Trial Member
Reaction score
In the recipe editor, the hop total is wrong. I have a recipe that uses 93g of hops, but the total at the bottom says 96.39g.

The IBU calculations also seem to be a little funky. It's a small batch (5L), but something weird going on.

1g warrior at 40m = 0 ibu
2g warrior at 40m = 21.5 ibu
3g warrior at 40m = 21.5 ibu
4g warrior at 40m = 21.5 ibu
5g warrior at 40m = 43 ibu

It used to be much more granular in that a 1g change would make a difference.

I had a look at this and there seems to be something "out of the ordinary" about how the IBUs are calculated between a recipe and the IBU calculator.

I created the same conditions in a recipe and in the IBU calculator - the areas shown highlighted in red in the screen shots below.
An OG of 1.055, Boil Gravity of 1.043, a total of 5 grams of 20AA pellets boiled for 60 minutes. I split the calculator hops entries to see if there was any effect on separate lines of hops - it looks ok.
The recipe shows an IBU of 14.64, The calculator shows an IBU of 12.89 (The areas shown highlighted in yellow).
Why is there a difference? Is it me or the calculators?

upload_2019-3-12_14-50-11.png

upload_2019-3-12_14-50-32.png

upload_2019-3-12_14-50-58.png

Looks like it's working again. Thanks.

Hi...I've noticed that the IBUs arent't calculating from me. It's the first recipe I've done in a few months, and I probably missed an update, but the IBUs don't calculate when adding hops. Something is different/off.

Hi...I've noticed that the IBUs arent't calculating from me. It's the first recipe I've done in a few months, and I probably missed an update, but the IBUs don't calculate when adding hops. Something is different/off.
I’ve also experienced that for whirlpool hop IBU contribution.

What kind of hops are you adding, and what do you mean they don't calculate when you add hops? Everything is working (as far as I know), so you shouldn't be having any issues. Can you give us a screenshot to show us what you are experiencing?

Back