Recipe View

WiscBrewer

Trial Member
Reaction score
If I have this straigt....in the recipe view, I'm not able to see salt additions. I need to click on "edit" to see them. To see acid additions that were calculated when I originally did water calcs, I need to go back into the water calculator. This all seems odd. Why aren't salt and acid additions simply shown on the recipe view? Am I missing something? Thanks!

I also don't understand the need for going back and forth, saving, and updating. Manually adjusting the water volumes so they match, etc. For instance, as you add, delete, or adjust hop additions, the resulting changes are updated immediately. Same for grains, yeast, and mash/sparge water volumes.

If I have this straigt....in the recipe view, I'm not able to see salt additions. I need to click on "edit" to see them. To see acid additions that were calculated when I originally did water calcs, I need to go back into the water calculator. This all seems odd. Why aren't salt and acid additions simply shown on the recipe view? Am I missing something? Thanks!

I'm not sure what you're saying? You don't see your additions here? (scroll down):
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/159974/pliny-ish

I think he wants the water calculator to work in the Recipe Builder, rather than having to exit out to the calculator, then come back to the recipe.

I'm not sure what you're saying? You don't see your additions here? (scroll down):
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/159974/pliny-ish
No, mine looks different. The Mash Guidelines section is immediately followed by the Yeast section when in Recipe view. To see other additions, I need to go into edit mode, which seems odd.

Also, on yours, I don't see any acid addition listed. Is the acid addition supposed to be listed along with other additions?

I think he wants the water calculator to work in the Recipe Builder, rather than having to exit out to the calculator, then come back to the recipe.

Yes, all the back and forth really leaves me just importing recipes, kinda defeats the purpose of having BF. I do like the cloud based aspect and tilt integration.

No, mine looks different. The Mash Guidelines section is immediately followed by the Yeast section when in Recipe view. To see other additions, I need to go into edit mode, which seems odd.

Also, on yours, I don't see any acid addition listed. Is the acid addition supposed to be listed along with other additions?

Can you give me a screenshot? I can't recreate, so I can't see what needs to be fixed. My acid additions show up- but that recipe apparently didn't have any acid in it.

image.png
image.png
Can you give me a screenshot? I can't recreate, so I can't see what needs to be fixed. My acid additions show up- but that recipe apparently didn't have any acid in it.

Here you go...

I had been using my iPad browser and also a desktop browser. The other additions did not display on either. I just checked the app, and the other ingedients display there just fine. I guess I can live with that, but I prefer the browser.

I had been using my iPad browser and also a desktop browser. The other additions did not display on either. I just checked the app, and the other ingedients display there just fine. I guess I can live with that, but I prefer the browser.

I prefer the browser also, and was asking just so I can test and make sure we fix it! I almost never use the app, since the site version for mobile is so good.
What size is your screen? Mine is at 100% and I see it all.

Could it be because the recipe is US based values i.e. pounds / ounces but the Other ingredients are listed as grams?
It may be a "paint on screen only if same units" issue?

I prefer the browser also, and was asking just so I can test and make sure we fix it! I almost never use the app, since the site version for mobile is so good.
What size is your screen? Mine is at 100% and I see it all.
My desktop screen is about 17" diagonal, and is at 100%. My iPad is an older model, but not ancient.

Back