Suggestion for the Yeast Variety menu

z-bob

Premium Member
Reaction score
There should be a "custom" yeast selection, just like there is for custom fermentables. In case I want to use something weird that's not in the list. (and I did that recently -- K1V-1116 wine yeast seems to work great as an ale yeast.)

Thanks, Bob

Yes we do need a custom selection. For example I just made the Bells Amber clone from BYO magazine.
My yeast was harvested from Bell's beer. I know many others have used yeast harvested from a variety of other sources.

Is this still a possibility? The Custom/2nd yeast seems no longer available to select. I have a couple of recipes that use harvested yeast and this feature would be fantastic.

Is this still a possibility? The Custom/2nd yeast seems no longer available to select. I have a couple of recipes that use harvested yeast and this feature would be fantastic.

Yes! It's in beta now. Please check it out: https://beta.brewersfriend.com and see what you think.

Note that you'll have to put your yeast into your inventory to pull it in.
yeast2.png
yeast3.png

I tried that out and I was able to add the yeast to my inventory. However, when I click on the Inventory tag in the recipe and select the yeast from the list, it just scrolls up to the top and does nothing. When I scroll back down to the yeast area, the inventory menu is still open.

I've run into something similar with the custom fermentables, also, it may or may not be unrelated.

Edit: Using Chrome browser

Edit 2: If I click on the brown inventory button, it doesn't let me add it. But it DOES show up in the pull down list of ALL yeasts. I think I may have misunderstood which inventory pull down you were referring to.

Back