Who do you cheer for?

Broncos were a dumpster fire this year. Rockies made it into the NL West playoffs and almost as quickly, out of them. Nuggets are doing pretty well, as are the Avalanche. But I'm the fairest of fair-weather fans, I think I watched the last four minutes of the Broncos' last Superbowl.
Not a good night to be watching the Acalanche Nosy, my beloved Maple Leafs are in control 4-1 in the second period.

Are you a Giants fan?
Yes. And the A's. Went to a ballgame in Toronto once. The smell of grass was absent. Of course there is a different grass smell at the ballpark these days. Peanuts and popcorn and crackerjack. ..

The A's, I don't understand why they are where they are! Half the stadium tarped off because they can't sell the tickets! For shame Oakland, maybe they should move to Chico?

Haha. The coliseum sucks. That's why half is tarped. And most of why they can't sell tickets. the only dual sport stadium left since they tore down candlestick. I hope they build a new ballpark.

My favorite A's memory is actually a Jay's memory, Robbie Alomar hitting the homer off of Eckersley in Oakland. I leaped right over the coffee table fists a pumpin! Jays go on to win the world series over the Braves. The next season, another A's connection, they win the series again with Dave Stewart (menacing stare on the mound), and Ricky Henderson!

Being roughly 40 miles or so from Pittsburgh (PA), and the fact that I never had a favorite Football, Hockey or Basball teams until I moved here back in the late 80’s. I grew up in State College, PA, so I was a Nittany Lions fan for Football and never watched much Hockey or Baseball. Since moving nearer to Pittsburgh, I’ve come to love all three local teams.

Football: (American): Pittsburgh Steelers. Plenty of drama last season and that has continued into the off-season with LeVeon Bell (Running back) and Antonio Brown (wide receiver). Love the sport, but not the off field antics. Always a contender!

Hockey: Pittsburgh Penguins. Should you get the chance to go to a live NHL game, you’ll be hooked as well. Always a contender!

Baseball: Pittsburgh Pirates. Although they haven’t had many winning seasons for the past 20+ years, I follow and enjoy watching the Pirates. Hardly ever a contender.

I have been to all three stadiums.
I must say that...
PNC is an absolutely beatiful ball park, and the Penguins rink is a beauty too.
To me Heinz field as a bit of a football Meca, the great hall is really something to see what with all of those trophies...

I have been to all three stadiums.
I must say that...
PNC is an absolutely beatiful ball park, and the Penguins rink is a beauty too.
To me Heinz field as a bit of a football Meca, the great hall is really something to see what with all of those trophies...
Have been to all three venues as well, and you put it perfectly.

Pittsburgh is actually a great city and has transformed itself from an industrial steel and smog Goliath to a technology Mecca with a lot of the old world charm that Pittsburgh was always known for. Not to mention plenty of beer options for us “Yinzers”!

PAC Bell is the best ballpark in the nation. Just sayin

Hawkbox!
Were those the Fort MacMurray Oilers tonight?

The quest for Stanley (the Stanley Cup Playoffs) is underway, Leafs take game one in Beantown, Go Leafs Go!!!

(Half way) watching the Avs while having a beer at a local brewery .

(Half way) watching the Avs while having a beer at a local brewery .
Av's are in tough against the Flames, but it should be a good series to watch!

Leafs take game 3, up 2-1 in the series. New avatar pic is of the Jersey that my kids got me for Christmas.

Avs are looking good tonight Nosy!

I'm the fairest of fair-weather fans. When the Broncos won the Super Bowl, we were skiing. I think I might have heard the last few minutes of the game on the radio on the way back from the mountain....

Bruins! I hate the Bruins........but less than the Leafs, I hope it goes to 7 so they beat the crap out of each other :) (sorry Craigerr, I'n in Western Canada)
Caps
Jets
Sharks
St. Louis
Av's
CBJ!!!
Pit

Who is your team Valka? Are you a Canucks fan?

Who is your team Valka? Are you a Canucks fan?
Long suffering Nucks fan......But been a Washington fan since they came into the league so pretty happy on that front.

Lightning and Penguins, gone, out, kaputsky! I personally only have one team, I hate all of the others to varying degrees. Strongly dislike actually, except for the Senators, them I actually hate:D

My wife and I went to the Hockey Hall of Fame recently, I snapped a picture of this jersey it is from the mid 30's. DisnDi really think about it at the time, but it is nearly 30 tears older than me! I would love to get to the Canton, and Cooperstown eventually too, a little spoiled that the Hockey Hall is just an hour away.
IMG_20190325_1346411~(3).jpg

Back