What did you get delivered today

There is always a price to pay for not waiting. You can get gear dirt cheap from China, Hong Kong Melasia but you have to wait. We're closer here 8n Aus and still can wait over a month to month and half.

Not today, but my Digiboil was delivered a couple of days ago. Need to downsize a brew bag and make a false bottom for it before using for BIAB, but will be using it to heat brewing liquor and for the boil tomorrow.
Digiboil.jpg

Not today, but my Digiboil was delivered a couple of days ago. Need to downsize a brew bag and make a false bottom for it before using for BIAB, but will be using it to heat brewing liquor and for the boil tomorrow.
View attachment 4898

Looks like a nice little unit. Look forward to your thoughts after using it.

Have strike water volume heating to see what kind of temp I lose transferring to the MLT. Sure it'll be a bit more going through a hose than dumping a kettle.

Didn't exactly get this delivered. I drove up to Redding today to go to NorCal Brewing Solutions. I needed a blowoff/thermowell cap for my new Speidel fermenter. I didn't want to pay shipping. The wife and I stopped to check on the Walnut Orchard and house up in Red Bluff and she likes to shop at the outlets in Anderson. Anyway when I got there I saw that they were closing the store and everything was 30 to 50% off. I bought these for $35 apiece along with a few other things. They had a LOT of hops in a refrigerated room but I didn't really need any hops :(. They are going to keep their web site. Now I need to figure out what to do with the pilsner malt. I'm going to use the Wheat for Dunkelweizen. they didn't have any Munich left. Bet someone can help me figure out What to do with it . . .

20190216_170727.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't exactly get this delivered. I drove up to Redding today to go to NorCal Brewing Solutions. I needed a blowoff/thermowell cap for my new Speidel fermenter. I didn't want to pay shipping. The wife and I stopped to check on the Walnut Orchard and house up in Red Bluff and she likes to shop at the outlets in Anderson. Anyway when I got there I saw that they were closing the store and everything was 30 to 50% off. I bought these for $35 apiece along with a few other things. They had a LOT of hops in a refrigerated room but I didn't really need any hops :(. They are going to keep their web site. Now I need to figure out what to do with the pilsner malt. I'm going to use the Wheat for Dunkelweizen. they didn't have any Munich left. Bet someone can help me figure out What to do with it . . .

View attachment 5226

I just did an American wheat ale with 50/50 each wheat and pilsen malt. Makes a nice beverage.

View attachment 5226
NorCal has some cool brewing solution dodads. Nice find on the malt.

Sad to hear of another HBS closing. Support the bricks and mortar businesses as much as you can guys.

I guess I am lucky to have two good ones within a 25 minute drive, if they are lousy, they will go out of business on their own...

View attachment 4898
Hey Bob
How is the digiboil working out, are you happy with it? I am looking at the 17 gallon 220V unit so I can do bigger batches.

Not delivered, but picked up from my LHBS, they are good guys and almost always have what I need.
-11 Gallon Mash king
-Milwaukee pH Meter (also grabbed large containers of storage solution, 4.01, and 7.01 buffer solution.
-second regulator for my second C02 tank (it has a male flare, not the hose barb shown, super convenient)
I got the second regulator so I don't have to monkey around with my keg setup to do a pressure transfer, purge a keg with C02, purge bottles, or add a blanket of C02 when dry hopping or adding a baloon when cold crashing.
Mash King.JPG

pH Meter.JPG
Regulator.JPG

Back