What should I brew?

I do, but I already had been mashing for an hour. Made a good point though and I'll have to revisit the recipe next time.

I do, but I already had been mashing for an hour. Made a good point though and I'll have to revisit the recipe next time.
It will make a good beer as is;), just not white.:)

Thanks. I'm not entirely well, but I am finally out of bed. You know I'm sick when I haven't had a cup of coffee or a beer since Tuesday and haven't touched a computer or a phone since Wednesday!
Sometimes ya just need a cup of tea and a blankly. Good to hear improvement.

No worries, I figured you had more pressing matters.

Apparently I'm not getting notified of responses in my email so completely neglected this.

I brewed it last friday. First time I've used melanoidin. Perhaps if I brew it again I will try swapping it out. Not too sure about their choice of yeast either. Given my novice experience level though and this being published in a reputable magazine I am inclined to try it as is first.

I will probably keg it after two weeks and let it carb for a week.

Last edited:
Yeah I have it fermenting in my garage until it's due to be brought to room temperature. It's chugging away out there though, I made some changes to my version and used Munich Lager yeast, I might use 34/70 going forward though just cause that stuff is really tolerant.

Just poured my first glass. Definitely taste the Wyeast 3944. Does not feel right for an IPA. Also a little dark so dropping the melanoidin is probably a wise choice for a second brew.

Mine is sitting in a keg in my garage at 8C "lagering". I'll have to try it soon.

Actually I've pounded most of the keg. Really nice beer, not very clear but really nice flavour. I think a BRY-97 or something and just making it an IPA would probably be the way to go though.

Back