New recipe builder

Thanks a lot, it works fine now! Also Lovi to EBC works. When do you plan to release the changes on live ? I can still see that inventory filter there :)

Great to hear! Yooper and I are doing one more round of fixes and thorough testing to make sure everything is 100%. We don't want to accidentally take any steps backward after all everyone's had to endure. But I'm hopeful that we'll be able to sign off and ship all these changes live tomorrow.

There is still an issue with Yeasts and their selection. I have named yeasts in my Inventory that I can see in the drop down but CAN NOT select so that the name appears in the box.

AHarper, I built out the rest of this functionality and have it running on Beta. So now you can choose those custom branded/named Yeasts from your inventory, and they should show up in the input box, and you should be able to save them, etc. Of course, we don't yet have a way to enter custom Yeast attributes for those, like temperature, attenuation, flocculation, etc. but at least you can specify which yeast you're using from your inventory. This is running on Beta now - if you could give it a try when you have a chance.

Thanks!

Great to hear! Yooper and I are doing one more round of fixes and thorough testing to make sure everything is 100%. We don't want to accidentally take any steps backward after all everyone's had to endure. But I'm hopeful that we'll be able to sign off and ship all these changes live tomorrow.

Thanks!
Sure, take your time. Good work! Just noticed if you switch to EBC and sort (for fermentable picked from inventory tab), the value increments each press. So this bug is still there, please fix and it will be superb. See video, thx.

Edit: There is still the problem if you switch to EBC and then add custom fermentable from inventory list. The value is in lovibonds. See 2nd video. Thx.

Attachments

• issue7.gif
    issue7.gif
    837.3 KB · Views: 170
  • issue8.gif
    issue8.gif
    646.9 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

AHarper, I built out the rest of this functionality and have it running on Beta. So now you can choose those custom branded/named Yeasts from your inventory, and they should show up in the input box, and you should be able to save them, etc. Of course, we don't yet have a way to enter custom Yeast attributes for those, like temperature, attenuation, flocculation, etc. but at least you can specify which yeast you're using from your inventory. This is running on Beta now - if you could give it a try when you have a chance.

Thanks!

Hi Josh, Great work. Thanks very much it works here as you said in Beta. I'm just going to try out selection of Fermentables from the Inventory and see if that works too - it had the same problem as the yeasts access but it all looks great so far. We may have our BF app back - at least in the simpler way I use it (just a novice here) but it has been vital for me to get into the whole business.

Keep up the good work and don't drink too much coffee...
Alan

Sure, take your time. Good work! Just noticed if you switch to EBC and sort (for fermentable picked from inventory tab), the value increments each press. So this bug is still there, please fix and it will be superb. See video, thx.

Edit: There is still the problem if you switch to EBC and then add custom fermentable from inventory list. The value is in lovibonds. See 2nd video. Thx.

Hi Misiak, thanks for continuing to test. I pushed out some new fixes to beta and those *should* be resolved now. Would you mind taking one more look? I also fixed how those color values are recorded to the database, so they include more accuracy, and won't change on multiple edits.

Keep up the good work and don't drink too much coffee...

Lol, I'll do my best! Have been definitely burning the midnight oil to get everything straightened out, so looking forward to some stability soon :)

Hi Misiak, thanks for continuing to test. I pushed out some new fixes to beta and those *should* be resolved now. Would you mind taking one more look? I also fixed how those color values are recorded to the database, so they include more accuracy, and won't change on multiple edits.
Fantastic, all works like a charm now! Thanks. Looking forward to go live ;)
If I'll find anything else I will keep you posted.

p.s.: maybe you should employ me as a tester :D

Btw, would be possible to add a switch and allow to input color in EBC in inventory editor ? So i can put values directly in ECB. I'm from Europe so I always need to recalculate to Lovi:D Or this could be taken from profile settings so no switch necessary.

If possible please add this Timezone for us - Europeans:

DD.MM.YYYY HH:mm

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Fantastic, all works like a charm now! Thanks. Looking forward to go live ;)
If I'll find anything else I will keep you posted.

p.s.: maybe you should employ me as a tester :D

Btw, would be possible to add a switch and allow to input color in EBC in inventory editor ? So i can put values directly in ECB. I'm from Europe so I always need to recalculate to Lovi:D Or this could be taken from profile settings so no switch necessary.

If possible please add this Timezone for us - Europeans:

DD.MM.YYYY HH:mm

Thanks! :)

Great ideas, thanks! I'll get those noted and hopefully we can get those built out soon. Thanks again!

Btw, all these fixes are now live, so please let us know if you notice any additional problems on the live site. But all should be working there now.

Great ideas, thanks! I'll get those noted and hopefully we can get those built out soon. Thanks again!

Btw, all these fixes are now live, so please let us know if you notice any additional problems on the live site. But all should be working there now.
Perfect! Tested quickly, seems all works fine.

Please fix rounding in fermentable list to 2 decimals when EBC is selected. Thx.

Attachments

• issue9.png
    issue9.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 118
How's it going today since the fixes? I wanted to double check with everyone who had problems to see if there are any other things that are bothersome or should be looked at.

Again, thank you all for your patience while we ironed things out.

Just to add to the discussion, until today, the hop AAs would change back to the default every time I opened the recipe for editing, changing the IBUs for the recipe. Another day, another version.

BF used to be far and away the best brewing software, and every time I met a potential brewer I would show them the features. Now, it's too full of bugs and changes are being put into production willy-nilly. Having been a software developer in a previous life, it looks to me like the programming is being done by well-intentioned amateurs with no clue how to test. If Beersmith had better support for mobile devices I would make the switch.

For now I'll check the calculations myself every time I brew. I've given up trying to help make it better. Now I know for sure that the PBG will never get fixed.

Just to add to the discussion, until today, the hop AAs would change back to the default every time I opened the recipe for editing, changing the IBUs for the recipe. Another day, another version.

BF used to be far and away the best brewing software, and every time I met a potential brewer I would show them the features. Now, it's too full of bugs and changes are being put into production willy-nilly. Having been a software developer in a previous life, it looks to me like the programming is being done by well-intentioned amateurs with no clue how to test. If Beersmith had better support for mobile devices I would make the switch.

For now I'll check the calculations myself every time I brew. I've given up trying to help make it better. Now I know for sure that the PBG will never get fixed.

The hop AAUs just started changing with the release of allowing "brands" in the mix, so them changing to the default was a very temporary thing, and it should have ended today. The last time I brewed in December, the hops did not jump to a default, but it did start happening about two weeks ago. Now it's back to "regular", so it won't happen again.

The developers are well regarded, but we would agree that the testing we did in beta was not indicative of what would occur on the live site and we've made changes in process and procedure to ensure that does not ever happen again. We are proud of our stability and dependability, and this whole issue is regrettable and something that was a terrible event for us.

We will still be releasing updates and new features that our customers want, but it will be much more thoroughly tested before any release.

The hop AAUs just started changing with the release of allowing "brands" in the mix, so them changing to the default was a very temporary thing, and it should have ended today. The last time I brewed in December, the hops did not jump to a default, but it did start happening about two weeks ago. Now it's back to "regular", so it won't happen again.

The developers are well regarded, but we would agree that the testing we did in beta was not indicative of what would occur on the live site and we've made changes in process and procedure to ensure that does not ever happen again. We are proud of our stability and dependability, and this whole issue is regrettable and something that was a terrible event for us.

We will still be releasing updates and new features that our customers want, but it will be much more thoroughly tested before any release.
I can confirm this works fine now. It was broken few days ago but now there are no issues with this. I'm very satisfied with the changes you made but some people never stop complaining....

This may happen and you've fixed it pretty fast. Wish all support is like this.

Looking forward for next brewing session and for changes you will implement next.

Could I make a suggestion that a Version Number - or build date - is displayed in the header of each section e.g. the pic below.
Also it should go on the print out and any Export files. This way any differences between versions can be tracked by all.
upload_2019-1-31_0-5-13.png

Back