What are you drinking right now?

My East Slope Pale Ale. Kegged 2 days ago. This is now my house Pale Ale. Almost where I want it to be. Next is to dial in a house IPA. Likely just adding some sucrose and more hops to this recipe. One of my Brew Years Resolutions is dialing in a few of my favorite recipes.
East Slope Pale.jpg

No it's not a yeast starter he he just had this here so thought I'd pour a burst carbed plentiful pale fresh piney dank smell and taste a little overwhelmed atm very hop forward trying out dry hopping in keg first time with this beer bought a stainless hop ball thingy yesterday. It's already displaying great head retention sweet!
20190120_111530.jpg

Maybe I should turn regulator down now Lol these ain't bad drinking glasses though you can get an easy nose on the beer this way and you can boil your glass when your done lol.
20190120_113043.jpg

Last edited:
Lush IPA from Fremont Brewing in Seattle. Last time I had one of these was in Bend, last September, with Group W on my way back home from Seattle. Great IPA. Sure wish it was available around here.
Lush.jpg

Well this Plentiful Chinook hopped ale is now carbed and ready for some belly action. I brewed this mainly to get a taste for Chinook hop. What I'm getting from this whirlpooled-end of fermentation dryhoped and keg hopped beer is a dank/piney nose with subtle fruity aromas but I guess that might be my sneaky galaxy addition i was looking to be rid of. Flavour is similar with a resinous taste as well but slightly vegetal/grassy that I'm hoping will fade (from keg hop) maybe. On it's own it's a no for me in combination and in background with more floral fruity hops me thinks so;). I hear of this being used in conjunction with cascade and centennial. Maybe a 3C's Pale/IPA is needed to be brewed here?
Anyhow Cheers.
20190124_170917.jpg

Here's that K97 3 Kolsch with carahell I definitely get that tart from this yeast good but can be better.
20190124_181721.jpg

Last edited:
Chinook is one of my favorite hops. I use it for bittering in most of my citrusy beers as well as late additions. It's even good all by itself. Don't know what kind of price you get it for down under but I often find it here for $10/lb. or less.

I think I paid around $8.50 for 100g I used the 100g in that plentiful pale. When I smelt the hops in the bag I didn't get much of an aroma maybe the hops had been poorly stored or something but then again pine dank resinous may just not be my thing. I like the more tropical fruity floral hops I think but like them paired with the dank side of thing. I sure dig Simcoe with citra plans Mosaic. In the end I've achieved what I set out to do with this beer get a good taste of Chinook hops.

I haven't tried that yet, but you can't go wrong with Sierra Nevada. Need to get some of that and some of their Brut IPA too.

20190201_190552.jpg

Thought I'd get fancy tonight drinking out this glass the kolsch "almost" lives up to the name:rolleyes:.
Maybe 400g carahell was pushing it too far think slightly sweet- Bready with a hint of Wakatu hop yeah I'm happy with that. Cheers to Friday and sleeping in!!

Back