Custom attenuation not working

Rhymeswithoranj

Trial Member
Reaction score
trying to edit a recipe. Changed attenuation from 80-90%, with no change in calculated FG. Also, when I open the recipe, FG shows as 1.09, but this actually changes to 1.012 when I switch to edit mode.

trying to edit a recipe. Changed attenuation from 80-90%, with no change in calculated FG. Also, when I open the recipe, FG shows as 1.09, but this actually changes to 1.012 when I switch to edit mode.

Thank you for the report- we're working on it right now.

Thanks Rhymeswithoranj, good find!

We have a fix for this and if there are multiple yeasts strains then it will take the average.

Example:
One strain is 74%
One strain is 84%
Attenuation used in FG will be 79%

Custom attenuation is still not working.

Hi there. Sure, here are 2 screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/ojpe8lb
ojpe8lb

But it is working- if you change the attenuation to custom and add a different %, the FG changes.

I just tried it.

I am trying in both Chrome and Firefox and when I choose any yeast from the list and type a new attenuation, nothing happens. I press Enter and nothing happens. Nothing changes no matter what I do to the recipe.

Maybe the fix has not yet reached all users?

So I've tinkered some more with the recipe page. It appears there are some bugs or whatever.

The custom attenuation will only be registered once I entered anything in the Amount box and / or the Fermentation Temp. box. Once I enter anything in those boxes, I need to change the number entered in the Custom Attenuation box, by putting the mouse inside the box and deleting the second number. Say i entered 79, I will delete the nine and type it again or any other number and all of a sudden, the Attenuation further down on that page, will also change.

Yeast is missing from recipe view. When editing I can select a yeast (the options changed?), but it does not alter the FG. Changing the custom attenuation has no effect.

EDIT: ok I had to add an amount now it works. Do I need to update all my (100+) recipes? They show up ok but when I go to edit the yeast amount defaults to 0 which causes the same issue.

Thanks Rhymeswithoranj, good find!

We have a fix for this and if there are multiple yeasts strains then it will take the average.

Example:
One strain is 74%
One strain is 84%
Attenuation used in FG will be 79%

Is the average the best option? Isn't the highest attenuation the more likely for the FG? Could we get an option to enter a custom final attenuation?

The yeast attenuation numbers for the different strains are totally different since you reformatted things (for example, look at W34/70 which used to be about 78.5 or 80%, and now it's 72%) but that doesn't seem to matter because the attenuation numbers are getting ignored. Pick a yeast that has 70% or one that has 86% and you get the same alcohol prediction, then put in a custom attenuation and nothing happens.

The yeast and grain selects are a lot harder to use now; what happened to the yeast manufacturer box so I could get a subsetted list to pick from? What prompted all these changes? They seem to be change just for change's sake, which is never a good idea with a user interface.

Edit: It seems the attenuation is ignored unless you put something in the quantity box (that should default to one rather than blank) and in the temperature box. (IMHO, temperature should not be a requirement, but you know more about that than I do) And the custom attenuation is ignored unless the quantity and temperature are filled in first. HTH

Last edited:

Back