Brew step weirdness

ChicoBrewer

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Mash steps are out of order.

Here are my profile brew steps.
Capture1.JPG
Here is how they generate in the session I expect the last two items to be above where the mash steps start.

Capture2.JPG

Last edited:
Second issue. Dry hop steps do not show up in the brew session at all. Neither do whirlpool steps

Third issue

Boils steps are out of order. Start Boil Timer should be the third item down not next to last

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Fourth issue.

Why does "Boil Complete. Flame out." have a timer?

I clicked the sort button but I don't see a save button. It just seems to save automagically

I clicked the sort button but I don't see a save button. It just seems to save automagically

ok, what I will do now is take a look in your settings/account and see what's going on! We had issues before but I swear they were all fixed and so this is a surprise!

Before I dig further, did you create the brew session after creating and re-ordering the steps? otherwise you will need to go to Edit and re-build the brew session.

Yes I did create the brew session after creating and re-ordering the steps.

Step one: Add and remove and re-order the profile steps.
Step two: Start a new brew session

P.S. I just had the same issue with a brand new recipe too.

:)

I also had some odd arrangements of the steps, ie Fill Kettle to volume XX was last, not first (among others). Afterwards I went into my profile settings and rearranged them back into the normal order. But I sure swear I never moved them in the first place!

Third issue

Boils steps are out of order. Start Boil Timer should be the third item down not next to last

View attachment 4727

View attachment 4728
I also had some odd arrangements of the steps, ie Fill Kettle to volume XX was last, not first (among others). Afterwards I went into my profile settings and rearranged them back into the normal order. But I sure swear I never moved them in the first place!

If you do change the default steps in your profile, https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/profile/brew_steps, then you will need to Rebuild the brew steps in your Brew Session under the Edit tab to get the new order.

That doesn't explain why I have the same issue with brand new brew sessions? And brand new recipes?

Third issue

View attachment 4727

View attachment 4728

I would suggest restoring defaults in your brew steps profile. https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/profile/brew_steps

The Start boil timer should be above the All boil steps followed by Boil complete. There is a timer on Boil complete because all of these timers get started with the Start boil timer. Boil complete. Flame out. will then end up being a 10 min timer for flame out.

Screenshot 2019-01-03 11.03.44.png

I tried that. It was the first thing I did. Probably spent two hours this weekend on it setting back to default then rebuilding. I'll try it again when I have some time to spend.

Brand new brew session after setting to defaults. I circled the things that are out of order and the fact that the whirlpool is missing. I missed a hops step in my last brew day because of that. I'll have to dry hop to make up for It :mad:

Now if I add my custom steps back (which I don't have time for right now) they will appear out of order as demonstrated in my last screen shot.

Capture.JPG

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Is the beta site a copy of production?

The beta site uses the same data as production so you can test out existing recipes or create new ones and they will be available in both environments, they will also be deleted from both if you do that.

Whirlpool fixed. Brew Steps not.

profile.JPG

session.JPG

My brew on Jan.9. 2019 still had these same issues as above. (non beta site).

-Should we have the First Wort hops be the first step under boil section?

-My whirlpool hop addition was AFTER clean up in the FINISH section, not even under the boil section.

Back