Error: Fermentable amount must be a number (????)

OkanaganMike

Trial Member
Reaction score
Had this error pop up twice on me after I've finalized a lengthy recipe. Gone back and checked all my fields are complete with a value in them and even changed the weights from decimals to whole numbers (.5lb to 8oz). Didn't help.

Anybody else get these? WTF over? :mad:

Hey just a heads up - I got it to save by sorting my fermentables. Not sure how or why that did it but it worked and I didn't have to start all over. :)

Had this error pop up twice on me after I've finalized a lengthy recipe. Gone back and checked all my fields are complete with a value in them and even changed the weights from decimals to whole numbers (.5lb to 8oz). Didn't help.

Anybody else get these? WTF over? :mad:

This is responding to an old post but I got the same message. I had added orange peel in the fermentable section as a custom so you will want to make sure that your selection is from the drop down. You cant add a custom without a L color. Better to just add it on the right side in custom ingredients.

Hey just a heads up - I got it to save by sorting my fermentables. Not sure how or why that did it but it worked and I didn't have to start all over. :)
Thanks! I just had the same thing happened to me. Sort is a great button. all good now.

Back