Documentation/Citing the Recipe Calculator

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Do any of you know who created the Brewer's Friend Complete Beer Recipe Builder on this site? It's really cool and informative. I'm a student doing a group engineering project about a brewery and we're supposed to come up with recipes that match certain metrics like ABV%, IBU, etc. and the calculator here seems so great for that. But, as aspiring engineers, we aren't allowed to just say we "found it on the Internet" and so would like to find the person/people who designed it so we could know kinda how it worked as well as give proper credit in our report.

Please help us, Brewer's Friends!

Larry Brewer I believe, this is his web site, like most sites not sure if all the code is his but Im sure he put it together and did a very fine job I might say ;)

The references for each of the formulias are buried in the information on the site. This usually followes the the user interface. Palmer provides a lot of the math. White most of the information on yeast. I would be more helpfull, but frankly I believe that I stumbled on it just looking around. Also check the articles section.

Good luck with your project. Send us some of the product and we will render an opinion on how you did. :eek:

Awesome, thanks you guys! That's good to know that Larry Brewer created this site and the wonderfully complex recipe modeling system. As a brewing neophyte, I'm starting out with water because I know that best. I now see that there is source info at the bottoms of lots of the individual calculators, which I guess are compiled into the ultimate Recipe Calculator. This is very cool. If I have problems finding any of the math, maybe someday I'll get to talk to Larry. With his surname, I'm sure he knows his stuff!

somewhere around Christmas he disappeared from this forum and blog which he puts out monthly, where all wondering what happened, holiday, road trip, vacation or what, if your out there Larry please let us know !!

Back