Are there plans to modernize the app?

MikeDave

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's pretty outdated and updates are minimal. I was just wondering what the plans are.

We’re definitely aware that our native mobile apps are lagging far behind our site, as well as state of the art apps at this point.

Unfortunately our mobile apps were built by a 3rd party, who didn’t set us up well for efficient future development. In light of that, we’ve focused more recently on creating a responsive web site that works well on mobile rather than iterating much on the apps. In the future, we hope to rebuild the mobile apps to make it possible to keep them in sync with our web interface, but unfortunately I don’t have a timeline to share on that yet.

In the meantime, we’d recommend giving the mobile web site a try, and let us know if there are things we can improve to make it a better experience on your device.

That makes total sense. I've been using mobile web and it does work well so nice work there.

Have you ever thought about an open source option? As a mobile engineer, I'd be willing to contribute, and I imagine I'm not the only one here that would. It does add yet another thing to maintain which can be a lot more work than simply making your code available, but it could be a reasonable way to get it updated/rebuilt.

Anyway, thanks for the response, and for a great set of tools.

Back