brewing notes

Jimsal

Trial Member
Reaction score
SO I read often about brewing and one thing that comes up all the time is 'take good notes'. My question to you all is...what are good notes. I'm sure my notes are lacking. I add in gravities, water adjustments, pitching and ferment temps and not much else. I would be interested to know what notes people take on their brewing process.

I'm finding that the brew sessions grabs a lot for me just by following the bouncing ball in the brew log section. That allows me to check how I'm doing on the basic stats and try and work out if it's my process or the recipe that's possibly causing a problem.

As I'm not just dry hopping when the fermentation is finished I've started adding when I dry hop to the notes section in the brew session.

Apart from that I put in whatever stuff ups I've made, ideas for changing the recipe or process and timings post the brew day in the notes section. Then when I get ready to brew it again I can go to recipe and look through the old brew sessions and work out if there's anything that needs to be done differently this time.

SO I read often about brewing and one thing that comes up all the time is 'take good notes'. My question to you all is...what are good notes. I'm sure my notes are lacking. I add in gravities, water adjustments, pitching and ferment temps and not much else. I would be interested to know what notes people take on their brewing process.
Good notes allow you to reproduce the beer. If something goes wrong, good notes will help you find and diagnose the problem, particularly if it's a subtle one. I have a brew day sheet I came up with - I need to modify it based on what I know now but it still serves me well. I'll attach it. With it, I record what I need to know about a batch so that, paired with the recipe, I can reproduce what I made.

Attachments

• All-Grain Brewing Notes.pdf
    529.7 KB · Views: 92
Good notes allow you to reproduce the beer. If something goes wrong, good notes will help you find and diagnose the problem, particularly if it's a subtle one. I have a brew day sheet I came up with - I need to modify it based on what I know now but it still serves me well. I'll attach it. With it, I record what I need to know about a batch so that, paired with the recipe, I can reproduce what I made.
excellent note sheet im going to use that.thanks

Back