Reccomendations for keg carbonation

Guys looking for some help here. Filled the co2 up and Filled the keg up to 7psi. There was nothing in it other than maybe a tiny bit of leftover keg cleaner. Anyways after hitting 7psi I shut the valve and let it sit. This morning it was about .5 psi lower. I mixed some soapy water and put it around every connection and didn’t see any leaks. Any reccomendations?
Could be a slow leak. I've had a lid not sit just right and had that happen filled back up resealed and had no issues.

Pro tip: use sanitizer instead of soapy water foams the same and i dont have to rinse the top of the keg

Could be a slow leak. I've had a lid not sit just right and had that happen filled back up resealed and had no issues.

Pro tip: use sanitizer instead of soapy water foams the same and i dont have to rinse the top of the keg
Thanks for the tip! I have a spray bottle of starsan I’ll use. I’m gonna check it again after work which will be 24 hours. It’s driving me up a wall...

You could really seat it down with more pressure then purge down to your 7 psi. Might help to really seat the lid in.

You could really seat it down with more pressure then purge down to your 7 psi. Might help to really seat the lid in.

You put a little keg lube on the o rings as they were being installed? Could be temperature change, watch for a day or 2 , see if it stabilizes.

You put a little keg lube on the o rings as they were being installed? Could be temperature change, watch for a day or 2 , see if it stabilizes.
I did not. I didn’t grab any. I checked this morning. It’s been 36 hours and I lost maybe .75 psi total. Tonight’s kegging night so I’m not sure I will have time to make the 30 min trip to the homebrew store to keg lube. Hopefully it’s just the lid not seated correctly. I’ll monitor it over the next few days.

I did not. I didn’t grab any. I checked this morning. It’s been 36 hours and I lost maybe .75 psi total. Tonight’s kegging night so I’m not sure I will have time to make the 30 min trip to the homebrew store to keg lube. Hopefully it’s just the lid not seated correctly. I’ll monitor it over the next few days.
And... give them disconnect barbs a touch up with your spanner (wrench) I've had a finger tight one before I was amazed had held gas tight. Check popets are seated well and as headfirst said break out the keg lube on all the O rings.

Back