If you have a minute.

Stubie1

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I have returned to home brewing after a 12 year break to find it in a completely different universe. I have never used a brew calculator before so thought I would give it a go in the hope of better framing a Lemon Beer recipe I have been evolving in my head for a while.
If you have a minute.....could you cast a crafty eye over it and tell me what you think?
I am looking for a tight white headed pale beer with punchy citrus fizzy lemon vibe. I am not sure whether it may require more complexity in the grain bill? Only going to brew a small batch to bottle to start with.
Water here is reasonably hard and doesn't need conditioning for IPA or the red and copper beers I have brewed in the past.
Lemon Sunrise is the name of the recipe.
Kind regards
Stubie1

Hi folks,
I have returned to home brewing after a 12 year break to find it in a completely different universe. I have never used a brew calculator before so thought I would give it a go in the hope of better framing a Lemon Beer recipe I have been evolving in my head for a while.
If you have a minute.....could you cast a crafty eye over it and tell me what you think?
I am looking for a tight white headed pale beer with punchy citrus fizzy lemon vibe. I am not sure whether it may require more complexity in the grain bill? Only going to brew a small batch to bottle to start with.
Water here is reasonably hard and doesn't need conditioning for IPA or the red and copper beers I have brewed in the past.
Lemon Sunrise is the name of the recipe.
Kind regards
Stubie1
Like your profile pick. Welcome back from your hiatus! If you go into your recipie click on edit then go to tools tab and click on share in the drop down copy the link and paste it into a new post well be able to have a look.
A nice tight fluffy head I'm thinking a little wheat will help there. As for the lemon thing I'm guessing you want a pretty clean neutral malt grist for this so keep it just base malt cut it with a 10% wheat. I think lemon drop / cascade may be your hop choice up to 30-40 ibu if you want a sharp lemonade bitterness favouring sulphate in water should help to bring the crispness.
Ferment with a chico strain.

But let's see your recipie first:).

Like your profile pick. Welcome back from your hiatus! If you go into your recipie click on edit then go to tools tab and click on share in the drop down copy the link and paste it into a new post well be able to have a look.
A nice tight fluffy head I'm thinking a little wheat will help there. As for the lemon thing I'm guessing you want a pretty clean neutral malt grist for this so keep it just base malt cut it with a 10% wheat. I think lemon drop / cascade may be your hop choice up to 30-40 ibu if you want a sharp lemonade bitterness favouring sulphate in water should help to bring the crispness.
Ferment with a chico strain.

But let's see your recipie first:).

Recipe link is up. I've never treated water before so I will have to read up. Also I generally use the same general purpose yeast (which is very reliable) so I have to read up on that too. Looking to try new things though and do things right.
I chose the hops as they are readily available from my local brew shop. Lemongrass is in the form of a tea bag.
Thank you

Had a gander at your recipie was along the lines of what I was thinking (great minds think alike eh)! I recon you'll have a nice beer on your hands there.
I wonder how itd go fermented with a wheat yeast?

Back