I visited a brewery today!

That sounds awesome, my son turns 19 next week (that is the legal age here), we will go out for a legal pint or two at one or two of the local Brewers

Hopefully she'll like the taste of beer since she's never had it before....right?o_O

She has good taste when it comes to beer. Her tastes are more in line with mine than mom's. We've allowed her to drink beer and wine at home, with us, sparingly, since she was 18. Yesterday sparingly went out the window :D

It is my son's 19th birthday today (that is the legal age here in Ontario), we are going to Red Circle in Kitchener tonight for a meal, and a pint! I haven't been to Red Circle or had their beer, but a friend who is quite fussy about his beer has been. He tells me that the food, and the beer is outstanding. I will report back tomorrow.
https://www.redcirclebrewing.ca/about?
Craigerrr

Cool. Sounds interesting. Damned old people and their kids.

Its good to visit some of the brewery place, it will help us to experience our brewing industry.

The food was great at Red Circle, and the beer was very, very good. We ordered two flights, so we sampled 8 of their brews, they were all good. Blonde Ale, Farmhouse Ale, IPA, Coffee Porter, Unfiltered German Pilsner, Citra Saison, Belgian Pale Ale, Rakau wet hopped pale ale. All in all a very enjoyable experience, will definitely be going back. I have never seen this before, but their tables are essentially giant tablets, pretty cool. We sat at a pub table, so did not get to experience that. We both bought one of each of the first 4 beers listed above on the way out.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on some of that Texan undermodified malt? I want to do a Czech Pilsner, complete with decoction, and don't want to use our modern fully-modified malt (pros tell me it kind of falls apart when decocted). I'll be in San Antonio later this year and, if I can find it, will pick up a bag.

I work near Alvarado Street Brewery, they have a good rotating selection of beer.
Friday’s I like to stop a a little brewery, Brewery 25 in San Juan Baptist’s, Ca.
I also frequent a brew pub, Grillin n Chillin in Hollister,Ca. The brewer there has been helpful in getting me started.

At alecraft brewery in bel air md. Been here before for the homebrew store but trying their beers today.
Brown ale made with yams, strawberry vanilla milkshake IPA, hefeweizen, and the donut mild were excellent. Really cool talking shop with the bartender too

On the weekend, visited Southern Tier at their Cleveland Ohio Taproom/Brewery location. Their Harvest Ale was outstanding, also enjoyed a dram of their whiskey, which was also delectable!
https://www.stbcbeer.com/taprooms/cleveland/on-tap/

Accross the street was also a great pub, City Tap, with 44 beers on tap. Sadly I had neither the time, nor the liver to try them all.
https://www.citytapcleveland.com/

The main purpose of the trip to "THe Land" was for Sundays Browns/Falcons game. Great weekend with some Buds!

Edit: I am actually a Steelers fan, but we can't just go to Pitt every year...

Last edited:
Not quite a brewery but do vineyards count??

I went to a local Maryland vineyard near Frederick yesterday, Black Ankle, and had a couple tastings of a so so so white and one really strong red that I plopped down a hefty chunk of bucks after the tour of the place. While on the tour, I was taken by the mention of a practice the owners conform to. It's called "Cellar Palate". They rarely drink their own product so that they keep objectivity in their taste as the belief is that if you constantly drink your own wine you become accustom to that as "normal" and other wines of even the same grape, taste off or odd.

I bring this up because I recently had one of my favorite commercial brews, Yuengling's Porter (America's oldest brewery, since 1829 Pottsville PA) and it tasted off, odd and not how I recall. I had a similar encounter with a Legend Brown. After both of these I thought the same thing to myself....I liked my stuff better! I know I'm bias and there is certainly the pride I have in making my own but have any of you more seasoned experts encountered this?

20181202_114131_HDR.jpg

Waiting for them to open to take some Hodad off their hands.

I took the wife to the Altland House in Abbottstown PA where they have a 3 barrel brewery called Center Square Brewing. Great beer, so so food. I had their stout which was a knockout as was the marzen.

I got paid to visit a brewery today! I was working doing initial pest control to a local brewery herein sunny coast called Glasshouse Mountains Brewery. Its just a small craft brewery i counted 11 taps at the bar most of them serving from other craft breweries theyve only been opened just over a week but the brewery smelt of malt so i know theyve got some in tge pipeline. Beaut part is its 15 mins from home! Thats over 6 breweries opened on the coast in the 5 years ive been here!
IMG_0240.jpg
IMG_0241.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg

Actually I visited 3 breweries. Sloop brewing at the barn, Keegan ales, and Rip Van Winkle brewing.
All located in Mid Hudson Valley NY.

Bent Barley, walking distance from my house. More importantly, staggering distance back! Good beers, the only beef I have is with their Irish stout: burnt, ashy taste.

They opened a new brewery next door to one of my steel mill clients in Cayce, South Carolina. I stopped by for a look and a taste after work last night. They didn't have flights set up, so only one pint, their Tropical IPA, which was very close to Sierra Nevada's Hazy Little Thing. A nice beer and a good tap room. Welcome Steel Hands Brewery!
steel hands.JPG

Back