What are you drinking right now?

Was drinking a 1.5 year old Belgian Quad and a 3 year old Wee Heavy this weekend in celebration of my 6th decade of life on Earth this weekend.... Both bottle conditioned, both still good. The Wee Heavy has started to take on a bit of umami flavors but they add to the original brew including cherries, cocoa nibs and vanilla. They've held up well.
Welcome to the crowd. I passed through that portal in March. :p

I hear ya, I just threw my back out lifting 14 gallons of wort up to counter height to auto siphon, now my minds a churning how to use C02 in a closed transfer and not have to lift

I hear ya, I just threw my back out lifting 14 gallons of wort up to counter height to auto siphon, now my minds a churning how to use C02 in a closed transfer and not have to lift
I use CO2 to start my siphon.... Get one of those orange carboy caps with the one long, small outlet and the other, larger one, stick a racking cane in the larger one (to the bottom of the carboy), put the CO2 hose on the long, small outlet and add gas. It'll push the beer out of the carboy with no oxygen uptake. Downside, assuming you're pushing 20 liters of beer out of the carboy, it'll take about 40 grams of CO2 to do so (a mole of CO2 weighs 44 grams and occupies 22.4 liters at standard pressure and temperature). So there would be a cost involved.

yes just priced the parts for a weldless set up from plastic fermenter to keg and I would need a separate CO2 tank since mine is not movable from my keezer and it's not in the budget this year I'm afraid

Happy Birthday! You gotta be doing something right if the beers are still good.

Trying a little bit of the newly kegged schwarzbier. It's good, but reminds me a lot of my brown ale I just had.
Cleaner and a little more german, but still pretty close

Was drinking a 1.5 year old Belgian Quad and a 3 year old Wee Heavy this weekend in celebration of my 6th decade of life on Earth this weekend.... Both bottle conditioned, both still good. The Wee Heavy has started to take on a bit of umami flavors but they add to the original brew including cherries, cocoa nibs and vanilla. They've held up well.

Happy birthday @Nosybear

Pulled a sample of newest Weissbier, been keg conditioning for little over a week. Going into kegerator next weekend .... it’s not going to last long

Attachments

• 42E824B5-6411-4944-8622-C111066B75E5.jpeg
    42E824B5-6411-4944-8622-C111066B75E5.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 82
I've been messing with a design change all day, my system works fine I just keep adding more stuff to make it easier for people with sleep deprivation that can brew blindfolded if need be lol

I've been messing with a design change all day, my system works fine I just keep adding more stuff to make it easier for people with sleep deprivation that can brew blindfolded if need be lol
I keep having those “why didn’t I think of that” moments on my system. Adding a sight glass and HERMS coil to my HLT this week.

Havnt posted a beer lately felt a void in my brew drinking life. Heres one of my last strawberries murk wheat burs my guess is strawberry has dropped to bottom because no more pink tinge but still plenty of flavour and a sharp dry mouthfeel that leaves me quenched and slurping for more:p. 1 1.25lt bottle to go and shes no more can say I didnt help them needle spiked strawberrie farmers...
20181101_180748.jpg

2018 Sierra Nevada Celebration. I wait for the release every year. Although a consistent beer, I find nuances that vary from year to year. Is it me, or the actual beer? I really don't know and would give a rat's a$$ either way. Another year has passed and another Celebration Ale enjoyed. Isn't that what it's all about?

Back