I visited a brewery today!

You all are making me drool. Just 20 days before we leave on our BC/Alberta trip. Hopefully with some good brewery/brew pub visits along the way. After an overnight pit stop in Bend, the first stop is at daughter's place in Seattle. We'll have a couple of days for visit some brew pubs there. Next, Squamish, BC. Vallka tells me there are some good ones there. Hope to meet up with him for a cold one. Revelstoke is next. Might be a couple there. Last stop in Banff, AB. Looks like not much doing with beer there.
On the way back we'll do a night in Spokane, WA. Hopefully find a brew pub for dinner and a brew. Then back to Seattle for a rest before heading South. Back to Bend for a couple of days, You all know what we'll be doing there. Hope to see Dan(Group W) and his lovely wife while we're there.
Will keg 2 fresh batches before we leave, so should have some freshly conditioned brew back at home. Can't wait!

You all are making me drool. Just 20 days before we leave on our BC/Alberta trip. Hopefully with some good brewery/brew pub visits along the way. After an overnight pit stop in Bend, the first stop is at daughter's place in Seattle. We'll have a couple of days for visit some brew pubs there. Next, Squamish, BC. Vallka tells me there are some good ones there. Hope to meet up with him for a cold one. Revelstoke is next. Might be a couple there. Last stop in Banff, AB. Looks like not much doing with beer there.
On the way back we'll do a night in Spokane, WA. Hopefully find a brew pub for dinner and a brew. Then back to Seattle for a rest before heading South. Back to Bend for a couple of days, You all know what we'll be doing there. Hope to see Dan(Group W) and his lovely wife while we're there.
Will keg 2 fresh batches before we leave, so should have some freshly conditioned brew back at home. Can't wait!

What day will you be in Spokane?
There is a Brewfest on Spokane Indian's minor league ballpark the 21 and 22. https://washingtonbeer.com/festivals/inland-nw-craft-beer-f

What day will you be in Spokane?
There is a Brewfest on Spokane Indian's minor league ballpark the 21 and 22. https://washingtonbeer.com/festivals/inland-nw-craft-beer-f

Coincidentally, we will arrive in Spokane on the 21st and leave on the 22nd. Unfortunately, we'll be driving in from Banff, so will likely just have time to grab a bite to eat and hit the hotel. The next morning we'll be driving to Seattle, but meeting friends in Leavenworth for lunch.

Appreciate the info even though we won't have time to enjoy it. Thanks!

SWAMBO and I spent some quality time at the Dry Dock Brewery in Aurora, CO this evening. Great beers then the brewer started giving us samples of their GABF entries. The Helles is fantastic, as is the Doppelbock. Then the bartender stood me a sampler of their double Red Rye - another beer to cry tears of joy over! Best little brewery in Colorado, IMHO.

Man, you guys make me feel a little embarrassed that i don't hit breweries more often. I live in Long Beach, CA and I can nearly throw a rock from my house and hit a brewery(Timeless Pints). In the last year and a half, 4 breweries have opened in a 3 mile radius from my house (Long Beach Beer Lab, Ten Mile Brewing, Liberation Brewing Co, Steady Brewery). Ambitious Ales should open in about a month in the same general area. In downtown Long Beach there's roughly ten more and that's not counting craft beer bars. I work in Gardena and am on a stout kick right now so I had to hit up State Brewing Company about 3 miles from work for a pint of Project Chocolate. I'm not even going to get into the Carson breweries (Phantom Carriage is awesome, though) and everyone knows about the Torrance and El Segundo Breweries. If you guys want pics of beers and the facilities, I have them or you can just check me out on untappd or IG, not sure if it's cool to post my usernames for those platforms. I think all these breweries are what's inspired me to try my hand at it, I should be brewing my first batch in about a month or so.

Man, you guys make me feel a little embarrassed that i don't hit breweries more often. I live in Long Beach, CA and I can nearly throw a rock from my house and hit a brewery(Timeless Pints). In the last year and a half, 4 breweries have opened in a 3 mile radius from my house (Long Beach Beer Lab, Ten Mile Brewing, Liberation Brewing Co, Steady Brewery). Ambitious Ales should open in about a month in the same general area. In downtown Long Beach there's roughly ten more and that's not counting craft beer bars. I work in Gardena and am on a stout kick right now so I had to hit up State Brewing Company about 3 miles from work for a pint of Project Chocolate. I'm not even going to get into the Carson breweries (Phantom Carriage is awesome, though) and everyone knows about the Torrance and El Segundo Breweries. If you guys want pics of beers and the facilities, I have them or you can just check me out on untappd or IG, not sure if it's cool to post my usernames for those platforms. I think all these breweries are what's inspired me to try my hand at it, I should be brewing my first batch in about a month or so.

The first craft beer I really liked was Black Butte Porter. Never was a big Guinness fan, too dry. It is the full flavors that bring you to want to make your own. Very few people try to clone light domestic beers. Sounds like you are standing at the edge of the rabbit hole, don't hesitate just jump right in.

Visited Trestle Brewing in Parry Sound Ontario today, they just opened in July of this year. Nice folks, the beer isn't great, but it is good. I bought a couple just be polite. Currently fireside at Killbear Provincial Park enjoying the session IPA.
https://trestlebrewing.com

The proper Canadian response. Buy something so you're not rude.

Ok, so we made it to Bend early this afternoon. Stopped in at Immersion Brewing for a beer and to connect to their Wi-Fi and find out where Bone Yard's new Restaurant and Tap Room was. They have an excellent Barrel aged Rye CDA. Went to Bone Yard for dinner and a flight. The food was good, but their menu is pretty limited. Their beers, great as usual. Grabbed a growler of Placator and Incredible Pulp to take to our daughter in Seattle. Heading out to Seattle tomorrow AM and hope to find a few pints we like there.
0910181649b_Film3_resized (1).jpg

At Paducah Brew Werks, Paducah, Kentucky.

I stopped in and had a growler filled at Barncat Artisan Ales, their Stab Ghost DIPA. Then went over to Jackass and had a growler filled with their SunKiss NEIPA.

Enjoying a CITRA SMASH on the patio at Secret trail brewing Co. Chico CA.
20181025_165056.jpg

Attachments

• 20181025_165748.jpg
    20181025_165748.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 15405132824898781073489468765221.jpg
    15405132824898781073489468765221.jpg
    936 KB · Views: 196
  • 15405133181752449331654508756949.jpg
    15405133181752449331654508756949.jpg
    882.8 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
On a beer tour of Frederick md. Went to flying dog and midnight run so far. Opposite ends of the spectrum. Flying Dog is huge, 2 50 bbl kettles and so many FVs. Midnight run is only a 3 bbl system but put out some great brews. Also saw a bit of homebrew equipment too

2 more breweries to visit...

Back