Status
Not open for further replies.

Yooper

Administrator
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody who has a tilt and wants to be in on the beta testing, please either PM me or respond to THIS thread. That will be coming up shortly. Thank you so much!

Put me down. I have a tilt, will be brewing again in the next week or so.

I just bought one and was thinking about how best to integrate it. Hoping you found a solution to the limitation of being anchored to a mobile device.

Last edited:
I just bought one and was thinking about how best to integrate it. Hoping you found a solution to the limitation of being anchored to a mobile device.

Where did you buy yours? I'm thinking about it, and trying to justify the cost.

Where did you buy yours? I'm thinking about it, and trying to justify the cost.
Direct from tilthydrometer.com. I got it for sweet ciders so I know exactly when to cold crash without pulling samples every few hours.

Now I'm looking for a cheap android phone that I can just leave next to the fermenter and constantly log updates for all primary

Last edited:
Direct from tilthydrometer.com. I got it for sweet ciders so I know exactly when to cold crash without pulling samples every few hours.

Now I'm looking for a cheap android phone that I can just leave next to the fermenter and constantly log updates for all primary

Have you thought about using a Raspberry PI? I used a Zero to connect to my Tilt, and push the data to a Google Sheet. I also use a small display to show the data. You can see it in action here.

The Nitty Gritty is here. All in all I spent about $40 for the PI, Display, and some wires.

upload_2018-10-7_19-42-7.png

Last edited:
Have you thought about using a Raspberry PI?
I did, but my fermenters are in a location with no outlets. Battery solutions for Rpi aren't great yet.

yes I tried that for my project and rechargeable batteries die in one day

I did, but my fermenters are in a location with no outlets. Battery solutions for Rpi aren't great yet.

The PI doesn't have to be too near the fermenter(s), but it uses bluetooth so that distance would be a constraint. I haven't tested specific distances but the distance from my fermentation chamber to my work-couch was about 20 feet line-of-sight, and it was able to connect. ymmv of course.

I have a Tilt and would be interested in participating. I'm currently using it with Brew Status; https://www.brewstat.us/

Awesome- thank you. If you follow the link above, the beta site (and the instructions) are there. If you find any issues or have some feedback, please let us know. We appreciate the help!

I have a tilt and wants to be in on the beta testing. I'm using a Raspberry PI with my tilt. I'v noticed that the fermentation tab has been implemented in brew session so it's maybe to late for testing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back