New can seamer

The "OP" has like `870 posts. I doubt he posted ~870 times to set himself up to promote a canner. ;)

Ya know, the OP never came back after posting what's basically an ad. Almost a hint of spam on this thread imho
Crunk has been an active member for a while. I guess that he might have some interest in promoting it but it's definitely a subject of interest and I wouldn't have known about it without the post. My marriage may suffer as a result but for now, at least, I'm glad I got the heads up. :D :D :D

Last edited:
It was an email that I received from October and since the canner was half the price of their mk16 I thought maybe everybody would be interested or at least those who enjoy canning might be interested to see that they can pick one up for a fairly reasonable price.

To be perfectly honest I totally was oblivious about promoting products on these forums I'm in no way affiliated with October although I'm looking at buying one of those after I get my new kettles and fermenter and a new fermentation chamber since mine took a crap on me so it might be awhile

Reactions: J A
yes, and you guys don't need to worry about spam hunting anymore we've got it covered

Cue Monty Python..... Spam, spam, spam, wonderful spam....

The "OP" has like `870 posts. I doubt he posted ~870 times to set himself up to promote a canner. ;)
That's exactly what a sleeper spammer would do! Get you all cozy and then bam!
Anyway, it was a pseudo joke that didn't quite come across how I intended. I didn't mean anything by it @CRUNK

Well, I pulled the trigger. :eek:
I got a line on cans locally for a pretty reasonable quantity and price (around a quarter a can) and when I get a few more guys using it, we can go in on a half-pallet and save 5 or 10 cents a can.
Tough to justify making that investment, really, but the saving grace is that for the price, it's totally viable at resale if I feel like I really need to sell it off.
Wish me luck! :)

SO.... I have recently been considering canning for the sole purpose of sharing already kegged homebrew. I ****** hate trying to fill a bottle to bring somewhere. Mason jars work so much better but I don't always get them back (cans would be cheaper in this case). So my question is, do you suppose I could use it that way? Fill a can off the ol' keezer, snap on the lid and tote it over to a party? How long do you think it would stay carbed? Essentially I'd be crowling I suppose.

Now, I am not rich and honestly don't plan to "can" but I would like to be able to say fill a 6 pack off of the keg and bring to friend. I suppose I could see if anyone rents them.... Hard to justify the 800 bucks for my intentions but I just may save up for it...

Please let me know what you think of yours and if you've used it this way at all.

SO.... I have recently been considering canning for the sole purpose of sharing already kegged homebrew. I ****** hate trying to fill a bottle to bring somewhere. Mason jars work so much better but I don't always get them back (cans would be cheaper in this case). So my question is, do you suppose I could use it that way? Fill a can off the ol' keezer, snap on the lid and tote it over to a party? How long do you think it would stay carbed? Essentially I'd be crowling I suppose.

Now, I am not rich and honestly don't plan to "can" but I would like to be able to say fill a 6 pack off of the keg and bring to friend. I suppose I could see if anyone rents them.... Hard to justify the 800 bucks for my intentions but I just may save up for it...

Please let me know what you think of yours and if you've used it this way at all.
The cool factor is off the charts but yeah ... You'd be crowling. Might as well just get a nice double walled stainless growler. I'm taking one to a party right now filled with Resilience.

Last edited:

I just started using mine and I can't even begin to tell how much I'm loving it! :) Yes, it's an investment but the guys in the homebrew club can't wait to get a turn on it and they're willing to pay for the use of it. I've realized that I can legitmately monetize the process by offering service not only to homebrewers but to anyone else who wants to put their personal concoction into cans - cold-brewed coffee, herbal tea, wine coolers, coconut/gensing/hempseed/chia energy drink, etc... It being illegal to actually sell homebrewed alcohol and all. :rolleyes: :) I don't expect that there's a lot of $$ to be made, but even a few bucks here and there over a long enough time would eventually cover the cost.

Getting cans in a reasonable quantity at a decent price can be tricky but around here so many local brewers that need can and canning service, there are convenient sources here in town. I couldn't afford the half-pallet minimum from the warehouse, but I got a "layer" of pint cans (368, I think) from the local mobile canners for .20 a can and the local supplier doesn't have a minimum dollar amount so I got a sleeve of ends for .04 apiece. Investing (eventually?) in a half-pallet will get my price down to .16 per can.

I've been sharing cans like crazy and putting together x-mas-present 4-packs. I've filled with my "beer gun" bottle filler and that was fine and I've filled with a growler tube off the keezer tap and that worked like a charm and I even filled a number of cans direct from a picnic tap on a keg in the fridge and that was perfectly good too! :) I'm working on a "hands-free" filler with a 2- way mini ball valve that will allow me to drop the filler into the can on a vertical slide, flush with CO2, hold slight pressure and turn the valve to allow liquid to fill the can while I work the canner for the last one filled.

The seamer couldn't be more perfect. Turnkey right out of the box and dead simple to use. You can count to about 8 or 10 from the time you put an end on a filled can, pop onto the lifter, rotate the lever right and left and drop the can into a bucket of sanitizer to rinse the spillage and grab the next can. I figure if I can get the beer flowing just right so that it takes about 12-15 seconds for liquid transfer and get into a rhythm, I could probably fill and seal about 4 per minute for as long as I've got cans and ends sitting ready to grab.

For taking a 6-pack or two to a party it would be perfect. Much more than that and I'd always default to one of my 2.5 gallon kegs.

^^^Not for beer cans, though I suppose one could get the proper dies and hope they fit and could be adjusted. Likely would cost a couple hundred bucks for the upper chuck and seamer dies. There are several of that type machine available and they seem to be set up for containers with the zip-open lids like Pringles cans.

My SL1 arrived and I love it. I picked up a poly push cart from Harbor Freight and a on/off foot pedal (dead man). For sanitizing cans I purchased a cheap fountain pump and a second foot switch (use with a 2 gal bucket). For filling from the keg I use the Last Straw (northern brewer).

It’s not cheap but well worth the squeeze.

Back