Beer Recipies

Rballard

Trial Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of some sort of recipe calculator that lets you enter ingredients that you have on hand and generates a recipie for you? I have a bunch of leftover hops and malt that I would like to use up.

I do not, I would have killed for one about a year ago, at this point I can kind of eyeball it.

Do you have a list of what you have on hand? We might be able to help.

that's what this site is for; mixing and matching what you have, run it through the calculator and look at the more tab, amount's efficiency color, beer style's

try it, you'll get hooked

What they said^^^
I would start by inventorying type and amount of grains and hops on hand. Start a recipe in BF with all the speciality grains, then add base malts to get a reasonable OG. Decide which specialty malts to remove (light, dark, etc). Set up a basic hop schedule...

I need to do the same thing. Call it a mishmash or garbage pale.

If you have a good understanding (or even if you don't, there are plenty of grain descriptions out there) of what specialty grains contribute as far as flavor, and you know about how much base malt grain or DME/LME it would take, be creative. I am constantly brewing stuff with "leftovers" , one project is in a bourbon barrel right now, and I used leftover carapils and crystal 60 with a bit of honey malt for a bourbon barrel ale. I use the Brewers Friend recipe creator right here, it will tell you all you need to know after you plug in the specifics.

Back