Water Requirements Not Reflected With Equipment Profile

Brewer #189263

Trial Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this is something very basic I'm missing, but my equipment profile doesn't seem to be reflected in the water requirements in my recipe. I have a mash thickness set at 1.7 qt/lb for my default equipment profile. When I look at the water requirements in the brew session, it is showing 1.5 qt/lb. I have tried the rebuild brew steps and that doesn't update the water requirements either. What am I missing?

Attachments

• Equipment Profile.jpg
    Equipment Profile.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Watre Requirements.jpg
    Watre Requirements.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 119
To me that looks appropriate unless I am missing something ... I didn't have my coffee yet.

P.S. I forgot to ask, what are you brewing?

To me that looks appropriate unless I am missing something ... I didn't have my coffee yet.
My question is, my equipment profile is setup for a mash thickness of 1.7 qt/lb. The water requirements on the recipe is using 1.5 qt/lb for the calculations. Shouldn't it be 1.7 qt/lb since that is the equipment profile I'm using.

My question is, my equipment profile is setup for a mash thickness of 1.7 qt/lb. The water requirements on the recipe is using 1.5 qt/lb for the calculations. Shouldn't it be 1.7 qt/lb since that is the equipment profile I'm using.

Go with your equipment profile. Worst case scenario it does not come out as you thought it would. You could always make a second batch :)

Oh ya, that beer sounds good too! Did you make the recipe yourself, or is a kit?

Back