Mash Chemistry and Brewing Water Calculator v1.6 behaving strangely

one thing that's odd is you always have a water report on your recipe, shouldn't you be able to not show one

Yes, we've pushed out a few fixes. Please let me know ASAP if any weirdness continues or if there are any problems at all with the software. Thanks for your patience!

Seeing another problem today. I have my malt bill entered in grams in the recipe and today when I click edit under water profile, under the grist info, the weight values are there, but nothing is selected for the weight type (lb/oz/kg), so the Mash pH is showing as N/A.

In the past, I think this was being converted and rounded to nearest 0.1 kg.

Seeing another problem today. I have my malt bill entered in grams in the recipe and today when I click edit under water profile, under the grist info, the weight values are there, but nothing is selected for the weight type (lb/oz/kg), so the Mash pH is showing as N/A.

In the past, I think this was being converted and rounded to nearest 0.1 kg.

I'm not sure what you're saying- "nothing is selected for the weight type". Can you show a screenshot?

I'm not sure what you're saying- "nothing is selected for the weight type". Can you show a screenshot?

The recipe is entered in grams. When I edit the water profile, the values are there, but the unit is not.

Attachments

• recipe.png
    recipe.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 104
  • watergrist.png
    watergrist.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 124
Hey there - I'm still seeing wonky water volumes after saving the water calc. Today specifically I've seen it kick back to the same weird volume after twice changing to the appropriate total, mash and sparge volumes (and hitting the save button each time, of course). The values that are then transferred automatically to the main recipe page are based on the incorrect water volume.

The interaction between the recipe builder and water chemistry calculator are part of what makes Brewer's Friend such a powerful tool, and nailing this new feature of bringing over salt and acid additions and mash chemistry automatically would make it that much more awesome. Thanks!

Hey there - I'm still seeing wonky water volumes after saving the water calc. Today specifically I've seen it kick back to the same weird volume after twice changing to the appropriate total, mash and sparge volumes (and hitting the save button each time, of course). The values that are then transferred automatically to the main recipe page are based on the incorrect water volume.

The interaction between the recipe builder and water chemistry calculator are part of what makes Brewer's Friend such a powerful tool, and nailing this new feature of bringing over salt and acid additions and mash chemistry automatically would make it that much more awesome. Thanks!

The water calc when linked or the ph prediction uses the quick water requirements on the recipe (under Recipe Tools), it doesn't use the mash guidelines.

I will try creating a new recipe, and see how that works.
I have finally figured out what it is that I need to do. I was not able to get an existing profile to link to a new recipe, but have now found that if I SAVE AS NEW RECORD it links and udates, and the pH jives etc. So I am happy.

I wonder even more now if each recipe has to be linked to a water profile, why not just make the water profile part of the recipe instead of linking and going back and forth? Now that I understand how it works I am good, just suggesting simplicity.
Cheers

Back