Complicated BIAB

steamyb

Trial Member
Reaction score
I started BIAB brewing after watching some youtube videos and things have gone well for almost 3 years. My son and I have over 45 batches (we brew 10 gallon batches) under the belt and really enjoy the process and the beers.
I went to http://www.biabrewer.info for additional information and to check out the recipes. I found "The BIABAcus" and was stymied by how complicated the easiest brewing in the world had become. I just wanted to thank the folks at Brewer's Friend for keeping things simple. I know that simple for us does not take away from the work that you have put into the tools on this site. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate it.

Agreed that simple is an under rated virtue. Thanks for the compliments.

I've brewed in a bag for years and found the easiest way to get good beer was to have 2 pots, one with 152 and the other with 170, divide the water in half, half in each, recirculate from bottom to top in the first pot for your 60 minutes, put the bag in the second pot for 10 minutes then pump the second water into the first and boil.

works for me :)

I just did my first BIAB batch. Over the past few weeks leading up to it I was tying myself in knots trying to work out things like the BIABacus. It seemed overly complex for what should be a pretty simple process. Not to knock the work that went into it or the folks who want to work at that level of detail, but I like to think I can make good beer without going to those lengths. When I plugged the numbers into the calculator here (only after I brewed), they matched my results almost perfectly.

Back