Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

Got them on the Traeger along with a couple ears of buttered, seasoned and wrapped corn. Got some Cowboy Caviar and hone grown tomatoes with mozzarella too. Should do the trick.
0812181546_Film3_resized.jpg

Attachments

• Cowboy Caviar.pdf
    309.6 KB · Views: 229
3 slabs of pork back ribs and some trimmings to snack on about the time I foil the ribs. Tired of chicken after 3 days. Time for some real meat! 2 rubs with mustard in between. Started off with SPG, ended with Magic Dust. Some butter and brown sugar will go into the foil and then hit them lightly with my Sweet and Spicy sauce at the end. Made up a batch of cole slaw and some pickled red onions for sides.
On the grill.jpg

Oh man those look good @BOB357! I agree, I could live on ribs. It'd be beans for me though instead of slaw.
I had 2 ribs I finished off tonight that have been free game since Sunday. I laid claim to them tonight.

Oh man those look good @BOB357! I agree, I could live on ribs. It'd be beans for me though instead of slaw.
I had 2 ribs I finished off tonight that have been free game since Sunday. I laid claim to them tonight.

Thanks! They turned out well. I like spares better, but these had been in the freezer awhile, so figured I better use them.

I like my beans too. When the weather cools down a big pot of ham hocks and pinto beans is on the menu. Might even cheat on this low carb diet and do up some cornbread with bacon drippings. mmmmmm

2E4D0241-844D-47C6-8A8C-B1DE4F153EB3.jpeg
First attempt at using the Weber Kettle to smoke some St. Louis Ribs. Used a sweet and spicy rub and followed with a sweaty and spicy sauce. Was a relatively easy and straight for BBQ day. 5 hours at an average temp of 230 degrees f. OMG!!!! They were absolutely delicious. Seeing all my fellow members here making yummy bbq, I had to give it a go.

View attachment 3731 First attempt at using the Weber Kettle to smoke some St. Louis Ribs. Used a sweet and spicy rub and followed with a sweaty and spicy sauce. Was a relatively easy and straight for BBQ day. 5 hours at an average temp of 230 degrees f. OMG!!!! They were absolutely delicious. Seeing all my fellow members here making yummy bbq, I had to give it a go.

Beginning of a new addiction :)

View attachment 3731 First attempt at using the Weber Kettle to smoke some St. Louis Ribs. Used a sweet and spicy rub and followed with a sweaty and spicy sauce. Was a relatively easy and straight for BBQ day. 5 hours at an average temp of 230 degrees f. OMG!!!! They were absolutely delicious. Seeing all my fellow members here making yummy bbq, I had to give it a go.

Looks fabulous man! Love my Weber kettle. It does a great job on just about anything you can throw at it. Mine has gotten a tad neglected lately after getting the Akorn.
Great looking ribs!

Sweaty and spicy? Is it Belgian? :)

Been a long time since I used a Weber kettle. Had there been forums and lots of innovative people contributing great info to them. I might still be using one, along with the $35 Brinkman vertical.

Guess I'll be burnin more wood this weekend. The wife bought more ribs! She got a rack of spares and a rack of back ribs. I'm forgiving. She brings meat.

Got a pack of some dynamite Lousiana hot links in the freezer that need to be cooked. Thinking of grilling them and serving with some barbequed beans and maybe cheating on the diet with some garlicy mac salad. Need to do something else as well. The wife likes hot stuff, but these exceed her tastes, although she does like them in red beans and rice.

Guess I'll be burnin more wood this weekend. The wife bought more ribs! She got a rack of spares and a rack of back ribs. I'm forgiving. She brings meat.

That's what the good Lord made hardwood for ain't it?

That's what the good Lord made hardwood for ain't it?
Haha! Yessir! I'm also on a mission this weekend to buy a bushel or two of chile's and roast them up, pack, and freeze.

Last edited:
Picked a bunch of Jalapenos and Poblanos a couple of days ago. Wife roasted some Poblanos to use for Rellenos, then dehydrated some of both kinds. I'll powder them for future use. She also did a batch of Jalapeno jelly. We've got a ton of roasted and frozen as well as dehydrated peppers from last years crop. Don't know why I planted a bunch more this year.

20180818_140804-1024x1365.jpg
Lil hefe and ribs on the pit. I ended up putting the back ribs in the freezer and just purchased another rack of spares. Probably the last ribs for me for a few. I need to do some butts.

View attachment 3748 Lil hefe and ribs on the pit. I ended up putting the back ribs in the freezer and just purchased another rack of spares. Probably the last ribs for me for a few. I need to do some butts.

Some nice looking pig,and the Hefe don't look bad either.

I still have 2 of the 3 slabs I did a few day ago left. Ribs here tonight too, with some slaw and sweet corn.. Then call it a night early. Hard day of fishing today with nary a keeper. No photos. I don't waste them on 6" smallies or 5" channel cats:)

Back