Help with first brew

Jamesj2851

Trial Member
Reaction score
After my bottles of homebrew is carbonated how long should i leave them in the fridge before drinking?

After my bottles of homebrew is carbonated how long should i leave them in the fridge before drinking?
Making sure their well carbonated first but i suppose it depends on how patient you are lol. When bottleing id wack a couple in fridge before work to have when i got home. But im sure more time at cool temperatures will help condition the beer better and hopefully clear it some too like a week in the fridge. Thats if youve got the room.
If you had a dedicated beer fridge and youve done a tester to see if carbonation has been reached id pack them all in the fridge for some lagering.

3 weeks minimum at room temperature before refrigeration to carbonate and condition... then you can chill them down

As others mentioned make sure they are carbed first but after that no different than commercial. Ideally probably the night before/morning of but not much of a difference from throwing it in the freezer for 30min right before you drink it.

Only thing I've noticed is giving more time allows you to pour a little more before the sediment comes forward but it's not a big difference.

Congratulations on your first homebrew btw! What did you brew?

At least a couple weeks at slightly below room temp before chilling. I usually chill at least two days...it gives everything a chance to settle.

Cool. Sounds like my early attempts. Congratulations!

Back