New to brewing/Hello (pic heavy)

beerilikebeer

Trial Member
Reaction score
I started brewing 5 weeks ago and like most of my hobbies i get obsessed with it very quickly. So far I've only done 4x 5 gallon batches and 1x 1 gallon batch.

Few pictures of the current setup, eventually i want to upgrade to a 16 gallon setup for 10 gallon batches.

Freshly built draught system on the kitchen counter :) I don't have any space to put a fridge or freezer upstairs so i put my freezer in the basement and ran an 8' line up to the counter top. Insulated with 2 beer lines and 2 cooling lines.

Grain mill made from a pasta roller, works well enough for now but not perfectly.

Stirplate built for $10 in parts

brewers beast that i modified poorly with a 1500watt heater controlled via PID controller.

50' of 3/8" copper immersion cooler, dual coil, 1 big loop.

Thanks ya'll. Working on a peristaltic pump for better mash efficiency currently. Maybe add a drip tray for the tap with a drain, flush mount of course.

Thanks ya'll. Working on a peristaltic pump for better mash efficiency currently. Maybe add a drip tray for the tap with a drain, flush mount of course.
Only 5 weeks? Wow, you must have had too much time on your hands. Welcome, cheers

Holy bat$hit batman, you don't screw around!! Welcome to the brewing obsession!

To much fun and far to many beers i want to get brewing.. thought this was going to save money lol.
Started growing some hops, 3 from Rhizomes (Cascade, Chinook, Centennial) and one starter plant not pictured, Northern Brewer.

And picked up the robobrew v3 on sale. 1 brew on it so far but over all i'm happy with it aside from the far to small heater in it.

whoa....and i thought i went fast...hard not to get to into it right away...making your own recipes comes quickly and you will swear up and down that your beer is better than commercial craft!!

Back