Snapshot label with QR

torgeir.nes

Trial Member
Reaction score
I would like to have QR code on the Label even if it is from a snapshot.
I have to make snapshots of som of my recepies, due to problems getting some ingredients.
This changes some of the data on the label, so I would then have to share the snapshot, since it can differ significantly from the original recepie.

Right now the only way QR codes show up is when the recipe is shared, snapshot or not. A QR code link to a recipe that is marked private would result in a permission error message, unless it is you and you are signed into the system or have the remember me box checked.

Are you saying you want the QR code on the private snapshot recipe to link to the shared parent recipe?

You could always print the labels for the parent recipe instead of the snapshot - all the figures are adjustable.

I see two possible solutions to what I would like to do.
Either I use copy to make a seperate recepie for brewsessions where the recepie differs significantly from the original.
Or I would need the ability to share also the snapshot and not only the original recepie. That would give me the added value of the built in linking to the original recepie, both in brewcount and url linking.

torgeir.nes said:
I see two possible solutions to what I would like to do.
Either I use copy to make a seperate recepie for brewsessions where the recepie differs significantly from the original.

System supports that currently.

torgeir.nes said:
Or I would need the ability to share also the snapshot and not only the original recepie. That would give me the added value of the built in linking to the original recepie, both in brewcount and url linking.

System supports that currently as well, each recipe has its own sharing flag. If the parent recipe is not public, only you would be able to see it.

I realise that option one is currently supported.
But the second option I don't belive is.
If I print a label for a shared recepie, I get the QRcode
If I print the label for one of the snaphots of that recepie, I don't get a QR, since there is no way of sharing the snapshot, only the original.

torgeir.nes said:
I realise that option one is currently supported.
But the second option I don't belive is.
If I print a label for a shared recepie, I get the QRcode
If I print the label for one of the snaphots of that recepie, I don't get a QR, since there is no way of sharing the snapshot, only the original.

Actually it is possible to share a snapshot recipe (and I just personally verified this with one of my snapshot recipes).

To get to the snapshot recipe, on the brew session click recipe in the upper right (which takes you to the view page), then edit, then go to Recipe Tools -> Share. The other way is on the My Recipes page, check the 'snapshot' checkbox, then click the update button. The snapshot should appear in the default folder unless it was moved. From there it can be edited and shared.

Thanks a lot for beeing a very patient man :)
I don't know what I have done sine I thought it wasn't possible.
Probably, I have only tried finding the share button in recepie view mode.

I'll buy you a beer sometime :)

Back