HELP WANTED!

When I address beginners, I'd address brewing priorities - sanitation, then fermentation control, the standard sequence of factors that affect the final outcome, actually in the order of their significance (for example, water, specifically dechlorination, comes very early, adding gypsum to affect an IPA's bitterness comes very late).

The last couple of paragraphs in this article: https://www.nextavenue.org/transform-hobbies-into-opportunities/ sum up my beginnings and attitude towards new brewers.

I agree with helping new brewers ,and,at the same time, possibly introducing more experienced brewers to concepts they haven't considered. Another reason for the project I proposed here: https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/help-wanted.9618/page-2#post-59368. I'm old and tired, and the last thing I need in this world is another feather in my cap, thus the proposed format. I'm at a point that giving back is my main goal.

The last couple of paragraphs in this article: https://www.nextavenue.org/transform-hobbies-into-opportunities/ sum up my beginnings and attitude towards new brewers.

I agree with helping new brewers ,and,at the same time, possibly introducing more experienced brewers to concepts they haven't considered. Another reason for the project I proposed here: https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/help-wanted.9618/page-2#post-59368. I'm old and tired, and the last thing I need in this world is another feather in my cap, thus the proposed format. I'm at a point that giving back is my main goal.
giving back and giving me beer lol:p.

I can't agree more with you folks on the topic of helping new brewers, that's why I'm still here, I found the help I was looking for, and never got talked down to, if you know what I mean.
I remember you wanting to build a homemade pressure cooker! You scared me! I could just see that venting 250f wort at you, but you eventually came up with a system that obviously makes good beer.
Everyone listens to all on this forum. It is an excellent way to promote brewing advancement. We all become better brewers whatever the level we are at or the system we brew with.

giving back and giving me beer lol:p.

After sending a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. hat to a friend in Hervey Bay, Qld, I'd hate to see what it would cost to send beer over there.

After sending a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. hat to a friend in Hervey Bay, Qld, I'd hate to see what it would cost to send beer over there.
quality over quantity as in not sure bottle stability will remain intact travelling half the world:eek:! would be better for me to take the journey and drink straight from the well;)!

I'm starting to outline 2 "articles", one for a taste testing of 7 different Crystal type malts and the other for a brewer's journal from recipe formulation to the first tasting (and a few more after that!)
I'm really excited for the journal, it's interesting to have to explain my thought process for tweaking a recipe or doing something with my process

I have the notes from my last brew, along with pictures. Someone earlier mentioned an article about someone describing their brew day, I'll start kicking that together as soon as the beer is finished.

I'd actually like to write to beginners. I think we emphasize the wrong things early on and would like to try to correct it.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I feel most experienced brewers get too technical too soon with newbies. They need to learn the basics of cleaning and sanitation. Then they need to learn to have FUN with the hobby first. The geeky stuff can come later after they have a couple of batches under their belt.

When anybody is ready, if you want to send me an outline (so you don't write a whole article and then not have it accepted), feel free! I'd love to have some fresh ideas and content from brewers who know what they want to read about!

When anybody is ready, if you want to send me an outline (so you don't write a whole article and then not have it accepted), feel free! I'd love to have some fresh ideas and content from brewers who know what they want to read about!
How should we send it? didn't see where i could attach anything in a PM

Hate to bring this up, but what is the copyright agreement concerning the information? I'm thinking of writing a book for beginning brewers and would not like to be involved in a dispute with this site over the content. And how do you intend to handle the international copyrights? Something to think about....

I just had this happen to me and did some research, copyrighting has to be purchased and each image separately. its a minimum $35 charge for each article

No, I mean the copyright of the author. I'm not expecting to be paid for my work but what rights am I signing over to Brewer's Friend regarding my work.

No, I mean the copyright of the author. I'm not expecting to be paid for my work but what rights am I signing over to Brewer's Friend regarding my work.
If I were BF, I’d take ownership of the articles. Happened to me when I sold a 3D (as in software simulator) plane. I no longer have the rights to it, and to my knowledge, the guy who bought it never used it in his sim!

Dont worry about me guys ill be copying and writing stuff down for free here i wont charge you one bit for your hard earned thoughts on any given brewing subject:D;).

$35 per article that youve written! its a hard world this publishing world it seems. I could only imagine the burning anger it would cause if someone copied your stuff and used it as their own.
Can never be too careful in this digital world heck people can even steal your whole identity the missus was just digging into me about posting the brew comp.score with address on it on here.

No worries! It’d take a lot more stamps than I could afford to buy to send you a special little package! :D

No worries! It’d take a lot more stamps than I could afford to buy to send you a special little package! :D
And i couldnt think of anyone wanting to steal my thoughts and article's let alone my identity:D. I say good luck with that hope you can do a better job than i did being me;)!

Whoop! Whoop! Thread drift alert! You don’t need to have money to have it stolen via your identity. I proved that 3 times in one year.

Books and articles are a good way for some people to gain knowledge , others need to fail and try again and others need to just see it being done in a relaxed environment.
My assistant brewer on sunday has some social difficulties so public demonstration or classes would cause anxiety or shut him down completely.
In our little private session however I can ensure he's relaxed and can slowly build up knowledge and confidence .

Not everyone with knowledge is good at teaching , I've had to adapt my methods for training depending on my students needs whether I'm coaching football , training apprentices or any other training arrangement

Back