Salutations from the Chicago Burbs

PackerDan

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm 55 years old and new to brewing. I went on a trip to St. Louis last fall with one of my sons. Among other things we visited some distilleries and breweries down that way and got inspired to try homebrewing. We started last December and have some successful extract brews in the fridge and ready to give all grain a try. Just bought a Brewer's Edge Mash and Boil we'll be breaking in this weekend. Other than brewing and/or drinking beer, I'm a huge Green Bay Packers fan (yes, a Packer Backer in Chicago) and gearing up for a vacation trip to Alaska this summer.

Welcome. I use a Mash & Boil as well. Just got done using it, in fact!

Welcome from Missouri, neighbor.

Welcome. I use a Mash & Boil as well. Just got done using it, in fact!

How do you like the Mash and Boil? I saw on YouTube some mods and add-ons. Have you added anything to yours? Mine is warming up to strike temp as I'm typing this and doing well so far.

I have not added any accessories to the unit. I like the convenience of brewing in the basement. I think I’ve suffered a loss in efficiency to standard BIAB. I’m not getting what others are reporting to get.

I have not added any accessories to the unit. I like the convenience of brewing in the basement. I think I’ve suffered a loss in efficiency to standard BIAB. I’m not getting what others are reporting to get.

I just put my first all grain beer in the fermenter with the Mash and Boil. According to my calcs I'm getting about 88% efficiency.

That’s insane! I’d like to watch you brew. I’m lucky to hit 70% with it.

Back