Hanging brew sculpture

joesmink

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just had this idea and thought I would share.
Just added some keggels and don't have a stand yet as I'm still contemplating building it all one level with a pump or maybe just continue with this idea!
I'm hanging my HLT from the pergola using two ratchet tie downs although one supported it well within limits I thought better safe than sorry! I have a test keg full of water to hang overnight before I try my nice new keggle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 1,588
Personally, I'd be very careful with any kind of hanging vessel full of boiling or near boiling fluids. If there is one thing to over build, it is your brew rig.

My brew stand is screwed into the studs with lag blots. The HLT and Kettle are secured with wire as well, so even in the event of an earth quake nothing is going anywhere.

What would really suck is if the entire pergola came down on your brew.

There really isnt more than a hundred and twenty pounds hanging from straps, (31 lbs keg, 32 Liters water 70 lbs and gas burner 10 lbs) capable of supporting 800 pounds located two feet from a post on a two by six. It doesnt seem such a bad idea to me but I could see where someone who wasn't very observant could get into trouble, none the less problem solved for today and my beer is in the fermentor. :D

Back