Would you become a member of a cooperative which would be a hop farm for homebrewer?

• Sure, I would pay for it but not time to invest in.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Sure, I would be there whenever.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No I hate gardenning and I really love to go to the shopping center with my wife and/ or my mom.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

BenBe

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I made my own hop field. On a farm.
8 different hops.
But many deers.
Saw 9 yesterday. At the same time. I wasnt drunk.

Any hop farm dudes here, who could help me
about
how to keep deer away from my hop farm

Cause our horses and cows really like hops leaves... So we protect hop plants from them. But deer can reach hop plants...

on fruit orchards here in aus farmers use gas cannon type things that are on a timer every 5 minutes or so they ignite with a big booom! saves actually shooting em o_O

I would put something to bait the deer in another area, a good bait is spent grain thats dried or unspoiled

Yeah...Choot'em!! :D

they scare easy just set up a proximity loud speaker, anything near by sets it off

some good ideas.
In the real world, I will not shoot them. I will not add speaker on the field.

You could try a deer repellant sprayed on the area around the hop farm. Anything that replicates coyote urine will do. But you’ll have to spray it often.

deer.jpg

M2_Browning,_Musée_de_l'Armée.jpg

easy-venison-summer-sausage-recipe-M.jpg

Done.

I'm with thunderwagn. Venison salami, sausage and jerky would be on the menu until I ran out of them pesky critters.

Attachments

• car-b-q.jpg
    car-b-q.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 222
I've seen ultra sonic pest repellents but I don't know how well they work. Fences, noises or the coyote urine are probably the best bet. Maybe get a dog?

i forget what types of plants / bushes they were, but there's some that deer just don't like. not sure if it's feasible for you, but maybe planting a few of those around your hops?

Guess it never hurts to be prepared but have they even attempted to eat your hop bines?

Back