Hello from down in Cajun Country

Guidry

Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally took the plunge a signed up for the Premium Membership. Been messing around with the overall site in guest mode but was about to reach my max on recipes and batches. I really like the ability to check/design all aspects of the brew in one place here....Recipe, water, batches, and then tracking all thru the process.

I've brewed many batches using extract and all-grain but recently decided that I'd like to do some smaller test batches for a few reasons and the BIAB method lends itself real well to this. I had been using iBrewMaster, which I liked but it just required too many work arounds to get it customized to my equipment and methods.

So, anyway, just wanted to say hello....I'm pretty sure I'll be a regular participant in the various forums.

Welcome to the fold!

Thanks for the kind words on the website!

Guidry! Just the guy I wanted to talk to! Hey, what's the best beer to pair with Cajun food? I'm brewing for a Cajun-themed Christmas party this year and have two beers in mind, a over-the-top Imperial English brown, 8.5% ABV and thinned with brown sugar, finished with chicory and a brew I'm calling "Cousin Boudreau's Blackened Blonde Ale", a Blonde with Crystal 120 to provide some raisiny notes, floral finish provided by Willamette hops and finished with black and cayenne pepper.

Please reply back in the "Good Times Brewing" forum and welcome aboard!

Can't figure out which thread there to reply to....Do you have one about this party/brew?

Either way - I saw your reply about the brewery down there and reached out to them - thanks!

Back