New brewing water calcuator

Thanks for this great tool.

I think there is something strange with the range check feature.
The Ion concentrations are displayed correctly, but the range symbols sometimes do not make sense.

For instance, using the record from link below I can change the Chloride range status from low to normal by adding Gypsum (which has no chloride ion). And if I add a large amount of Calcium Chloride, the Sulfate range goes to harmful, not the Chloride.

http://www.brewersfriend.com/mash-chemi ... id=7GX91X1

Cheers,
Paulo

Yeah looks like something is flipped with the indicators. Should be easy to fix. Thanks for pointing it out.

someone pointed that out on my blog. That happened when I moved them from the target to the overall section since the target section lists SO4 before Cl.

Kai

Yep it was a simple swap of the elements. Fixed now!

Another cosmetic issue:

Under the "Acid Additions" section, the conversion of the acid amount to teaspoons is not updated when the amount is entered as a weight (it keeps the tsp-equivalent of the last value entered as a volume). If the conversion from grams to teaspoons is not supported, maybe it would be better to hide this information in order to prevent incoherent data from being displayed.

PS: Don't know if this is the right place for posting bug reports and enhancement suggestions, please advise if not.

Cheers,
Paulo

Paulo said:
Another cosmetic issue:

Under the "Acid Additions" section, the conversion of the acid amount to teaspoons is not updated when the amount is entered as a weight (it keeps the tsp-equivalent of the last value entered as a volume). If the conversion from grams to teaspoons is not supported, maybe it would be better to hide this information in order to prevent incoherent data from being displayed.

Thanks for letting us know. It was a simple bug, and we'll get the fix in place by the end of next week.

Okay, that bug is now fixed, thanks for reporting it!

I like how the new brewing calculator shows up when i choose Water Chemistry from the brew it! icon. Sometimes though the other calculator shows up, what am I doing wrong?

The basic water calculator is embedded in the brew feature.

The advanced water calculator is linked from the recipe edit/view. We don't have immediate plans to embed the advanced calculator in the brew feature.

Does that help?

Any way to print or export the water calculator, short of screen print or copy?

Back