You know you did it wrong when...

well last brew i racked onto my airlock piece:p i didnt bother trying to muck around getting it back i just had to wait a few weeks!

When you miscalculate your priming sugar and at 2 AM hear what sounds like a gun battle going on down the hall.

Who here knows a good way to get beer off of drywall?

Now I remember why I usually keg.
Hopefully no one was caught in the cross fire!

When you miscalculate your priming sugar and at 2 AM hear what sounds like a gun battle going on down the hall.

Who here knows a good way to get beer off of drywall?

Now I remember why I usually keg.
Shrapnel is never a good thing. Beer off drywall? Paint over it and hope it doesn't mold? Unless you already had semi-gloss paint or glossier (something washable), I think painting over it might be the only option.

I'm gonna just stick to bottling off the keg. Or using plastic.

I just discovered one of my ales was brewed December 30. I put it on top of my workbench to keg it tomorrow. The airlock was bone dry. Oops!

I just discovered one of my ales was brewed December 30. I put it on top of my workbench to keg it tomorrow. The airlock was bone dry. Oops!

RDWHAHB (as long as there are no bugs floating in it)

Geez, I’m not worried about it, boys! I just thought it was funny that the airlock water had all evaporated!

Geez, I’m not worried about it, boys! I just thought it was funny that the airlock water had all evaporated!

It must be awful to have that much beer sitting around that ya lose track of one in secondary;)

I usually have 4 ales under my workbench, 5 gallons each. I have capacity for 2 lagers as well, but one of my ferm chambers has regressed to its earlier form of a deep freezer.

When your housemates really like a beer I cant reproduce .
I've been blending leftovers and excess from different beers into a keg .
Its got a few different pale lagers , Vienna lager, red rye IPA , ESB and golden ale to be a nice little quaffer of a beer
Can only estimate abv and bitterness

I usually have 4 ales under my workbench, 5 gallons each. I have capacity for 2 lagers as well, but one of my ferm chambers has regressed to its earlier form of a deep freezer.

That's what happens when you make too much sausage and don't have dedicated storage space for it. Occasionally I announce a BBQ day to clean out one of the freezers, inviting enough people to do the job.

I gave it up to my wife a few months ago to store stuff for the festival this weekend. As of an hour ago, that stuff is gone. What’s left in there now is my fault!

....you get home from Homebrewers Night, but your computer does not. I hope it's still there...

Oh no! Our local club meets at a brewery/bar. I hope yours is more secure.

I usually do a secondary, but I wanted to get my wife’s next beer kegged quickly. So I did it from primary, skipping the intended secondary. I should’ve let the first runnings go down the drain, so I could fill the keg with clearer beer. I had plenty left over!*

*yes, I know it’ll be fine. It was just an error on my part, and that’s what this thread is all about.

You open your fermentation chamber, and the blow-off has overflowed the bucket you were putting it in. And by the way, I'm down about a half-gallon of a three gallon batch of lemongrass ginger wheat!

I usually do a secondary, but I wanted to get my wife’s next beer kegged quickly. So I did it from primary, skipping the intended secondary. I should’ve let the first runnings go down the drain, so I could fill the keg with clearer beer. I had plenty left over!*

*yes, I know it’ll be fine. It was just an error on my part, and that’s what this thread is all about.
I've taken to blending extras into a keg for drunks/ housemates , actually pretty tasty though

Back