What are you drinking right now?

Just kicked the keg on my lager. Good thing I've got 2 batches ready to keg this weekend:D

Just pitched my Centennial IPA and now enjoying a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Rum and diet pepsi right now. Not really the same.

I'm drinking a glass of my spiced wheat beer after a long day. Cheers!

Troeg’s Nugget Nectar. One of my favorites!

Attachments

• A9E36053-7A9B-4CF6-91A2-7E14D3634C98.jpeg
    A9E36053-7A9B-4CF6-91A2-7E14D3634C98.jpeg
    655 KB · Views: 93
nice coppery looking amber ale must have some flavours going on. pretty malty eh as in caramel malty?
Malty.... yep, but the Nugget hops shine through in a very good way.

Going to try my Apricot Blonde later this eve.

Doing so now. Nice amber color, somewhat hazy due to pectin from the fruit. Apricot flavor is forward, beer flavors in the back. Nice hoppy bitter aftertaste - it's a good beer by any comparison, even for a fru-fru fruit beer.

Last edited:
my two beers for this Friday night consumption thus far. 1st my newly brewed Little saison nice a dry im expecting from the passionfruit pineapple fructose late fermentation addition. not the greatest head retention but i just love this sasion yeast blend from whitelabs lewwnhook or however its spelt is a fine fine yeast no matter what grist and fruit i put them to they perform great not too mich atteniation but a ballanced funk i just love it! get some into ya if you can:D!
20180406_195404.jpg

and my other brew my czech Amber Lager which im feeling now better represents as a munich dunkel with the higher Og of 1.064 and more malt forward less hopped beer than the aforementioned style it jist better fits the dunkel catagory me thinks.
20180406_195315.jpg

gunna enter them both into up coming brew comp man i look forward to it:).

oh one more thing had a crack at brazing some pipe extentions onto my wort chiller tonight with dismal dissapointment the weld or braze just didnt want to stick. any tips?
im gunna try and clean the joint better tomorrow morn im keen to use it tomorrow but if all else fails ill use a compression fitting but would love a braze joint as im planning on recirculation through my pool in future so dont want any chlorine leaks...

Last edited:
A protein shake with a bit of creatine. Call time = no beer suck time.

see you have some mash hops in there Oz whats your take on this? why not just FWH em?

I crush the hops up into a powder then add them to the mash, recirculate at 150 for 90 minutes, that flavors the grain with the hop flavor and when you drink the beer the hop flavor never drops off because its in the grain ;)

the key is to have the same hops in the end as the mash and now all I taste are hops, no malt in this beer the first kiss is the last whirlpool which was citra

Back