Do you like reading?

Ammonite

Trial Member
Reaction score
And do your children share this hobby with you? Also how hard was for you to learn?

I don't remember. I could read when I was four. Don't have any biological children but the grandchild that's old enough to be really reading doesn't seem to be interested, unless it's Dogman or Captain Underpants.

And do your children share this hobby with you? Also how hard was for you to learn?

Yeah, it's one of my favourite hobbies, however during aging I became less interested in books because it's hard now for me to find a really original and unique one :) I got an interest for reading mostly because of my parents for whom it was one of their favourite hobbies too, their example created a great motivation in me, besides I adored when my mom or dad read my books aloud and later we discussed them, it was so interesting! I think that parents' infuence is the main thing in this case and later experience with our son only proved that again.
And for teaching me various games and special books were used, we used these methods too for our son. Games are the easiest and most effective method for teaching children in general, for example he adored rhyming words, alphabet cards, drawing letters and singing syllables, also playing in library too. We put much energy in phonics and also special educational computer games like Duck's Alphabet, Zebrainy ABC Wonderlands https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1165324239?mt=8 , Numberlys and so on were very helpful too. Such games now have very high quality for plot, graphics and methods of teaching, besides we as modern parents liked that with them he gained computer skills too, it's now important for preschoolers.
I think that with all such methods it's not a problem to teach to read every child, however not all of them will like this activity so much anyway, well in this case certain types of character have a great influence too :p

I started quite young and read a lot. I don't read for pleasure as much lately due to work and commitments but I listen to educational podcasts.

Now that I need spectacles and a magnifying glass to read instruction sheets, my reading for pleasure has lessened. However my 25yr old daughter (she began reading at 3, words, not sentences ) to this day doesn't own a television because she would rather read than watch a movie/tv.

Back