Whoa ... I thought I was gonnarenew my Premium membership

dbrowning

Trial Member
Reaction score
Let my premium membership expire a while back and decided it might be worth renewing.
Logged in to do so and WOW
I like brwers friend
BUT NOT at increased price.
I'm out ... NOT worth it
Not when I can get practically the same thing for nothing elsewhere

Wow, that's a compelling argument. :rolleyes:

Price is what you pay, value is what you get. If you don’t find value in the pricing, then by all means, don’t renew.

seems like f all to me. Like Ozark's said, a cheap meal, shit jeans or 8 hours parking. Alternative is a site run by people who care, excellent calculators, recipe storage and brew sessions with equipment tweaking. I guess value is subjective but I pay a lot more for things that give me much less pleasure than this site.

I don't post too often, but I just had to renew recently and noticed the change. Someone above mentioned that value is what you get and that sums it up. The value for me:
  • Cloud-based, I can get to my data from practically ANYWHERE (I've even looked up stuff from a boat in the middle of a remote lake in Maine!)
  • Keeps track of my inventory
  • Keeps track of my custom water calculations
  • Tracks the brew steps I need to follow for consistency
  • Built-in calculators for things you need to do on the fly (e.g. how much water of what temp do I need to add to raise this mash that is unexpectedly lower?)
  • Snapshots of my recipes by brew session so I know what I changed over several iterations and can monitor.
  • Plus 10 million more reasons
Beersmith did not work for me, and I'm a technology professional. It's cumbersome and quite honestly, way behind by means of technology. It took time away from brew prep and brew days, which is already hard to come by.

Brew on!

Ross

I have to ask now because I am curious, but my membership expires in May 2018. When I look at the renewal options it's $14.99 annually. Is that a mistake? Is the price now going to be $25 annually?

Back