What's your next brew

thinking a pilsnermalt / rye/ pineapple puree late addition saison:confused::eek::) it wont be for a week or three untill my mango saison kick but i want to really drive this specialty saison mix i got from whitelabs. thus far ive given the yeast some pretty complex tasks with plenty of compounding flavours. yes this will be no different but im going a lower the mash into the beta range and im going to up the final ferment ramp temp.up to 30c. ive starting at 21c for 36 hours then setting ramp limit to 26c. this time im going ro hold 24hrs @ 21c then set free ruse ramp to 30c. any objections? i just wanna see how much this yeast can give me:rolleyes:.

More or less a Pre-Prohibition Lager with 2 row, Vienna, Cluster hops & W-34/70. Thinking of subbing in some Centennial for the later additions. Maybe 50/50 with the Cluster.

More or less a Pre-Prohibition Lager with 2 row, Vienna, Cluster hops & W-34/70. Thinking of subbing in some Centennial for the later additions. Maybe 50/50 with the Cluster.
Not complete without the flaked corn.... ;-)

Think I might try to get another cream ale in. Kicked up a bit with a couple lbs of jalapenos! Hell yeah!

Oh damn, I never even thought of putting jalapenos into a beer. you should link the recipe you use and your thoughts on the result so I can blatantly copy it.

Oh damn, I never even thought of putting jalapenos into a beer. you should link the recipe you use and your thoughts on the result so I can blatantly copy it.

My current plan is the standard (Cream of Three Crops), which is excellent by the way, and add approx 1# of roasted jalapenos to the mash and then another # to the boil. I'll probably adjust my boil hops depending on the heat I get from the mash addition. After fermentation, I'll pull a sample and see what the flavor and heat level is like and how spunky I'm feeling!
I'm open to suggestions. @Nosybear like a dried chipotle?

My current plan is the standard (Cream of Three Crops), which is excellent by the way, and add approx 1# of roasted jalapenos to the mash and then another # to the boil. I'll probably adjust my boil hops depending on the heat I get from the mash addition. After fermentation, I'll pull a sample and see what the flavor and heat level is like and how spunky I'm feeling!
I'm open to suggestions. @Nosybear like a dried chipotle?
I use two to three of them in a normal batch, the remainder of the "chipotle" flavor I get by adding smoked malt and roasted poblanos. The poblanos get steeped - think dry hopped - in the beer until I think the flavor is right.

Got a smoked cherry wood stout and a pre prohibition lager planned for as soon as the weather cooperates.

well its overcast we'v recieved over 300ml 6" over the last few days and it looks to continue. soooooo im getting me 9kg gas bottle filled in anticipation to brew me Czech amber lager (Malt Lust Lager) im in the mood for a decoction today i think itll only contribute to the melanoidins i hope:rolleyes:.
im trying some strange bicarb twist in the water treatment today favouring malty chloride and higher bicarbonates hopping itll bring the malt ti the fore. ill podt me results later when i get this brew in the fermentor.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/mash-chemistry-and-brewing-water-calculator/?id=XB0S8Y6

Well, if the weather guessers are close, looks like next Wed. will be the first decent day to brew. They predict 45F for the high, only a 30 % chance of rain/snow and 7 MPH winds. Looks like that's as good as it gets in the near future since I'm brewing outside.

Going to squeeze in an Irish Red for St Pattys day this wknd.
May just be an American Amber as in not too dry.

Decided to brave the elements and brew the Cherrywood Smoked Stout today, About half way through the boil now. Guess the pre prohibition lager is on my list for Wednesday.

Mamacita's Mexican Dunkel Lager. V1.0, the first one I made after tasting that Mexican dark lager in Houston, was good, I'm hoping this batch will get me into the exact range I want. Lots of corn, Mexican lager yeast.... It's a good brew!

Back