New!!!!! Build recipe by percentages feature

Yooper

Administrator
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
We’ve gone live with the newest iteration of the ability to buil your recipe by percentages.

The FAQ is here: https://www.brewersfriend.com/faq/#recipes35

In short, we’ve removed the sliders and allow you to pick the OG or ABV if you’d like, and the amount of grains will be calculated for you. You change change the percentages, or the amount of grains, if you wish to adjust those yourself. Try it out, and let us know how you like it!

Keep getting a" error at least one fermentable must have a valid amount" when I save edited recipe?

You probably have a fermentable with a quantity of 0. At least that’s when I see that error.

Been playing with this a little and it seams to do what it needs too. There is a learning curve here but it looks to be a good tool added to the toolbox for building recipes. Obviously there was some time spent here to design this and it shows. Thanks peoples!
On another note I am having trouble getting it to accept decimal portions of a percentage such as say:
80% 2row
17.5% wheat
2.5% carapils
This only adds up to 99% on the totals.
This could be related to the problem reported with grams in technical issues I suppose.
Get the bugs out and this will knock the frog socks off those sliders!

Been playing with this a little and it seams to do what it needs too. There is a learning curve here but it looks to be a good tool added to the toolbox for building recipes. Obviously there was some time spent here to design this and it shows. Thanks peoples!
On another note I am having trouble getting it to accept decimal portions of a percentage such as say:
80% 2row
17.5% wheat
2.5% carapils
This only adds up to 99% on the totals.
This could be related to the problem reported with grams in technical issues I suppose.
Get the bugs out and this will knock the frog socks off those sliders!

I added that to the bug inquiry, and I'll keep you posted on what's going on. we've got the gram "thing" working but not fully fixed so it very well may be the same issue. Thanks for letting me know!

I think everything is working well for this feature. If there are any issues or problems, please let me know and we'll keep tweaking it as needed. Thanks, all!

Back