When Do You Consider Fermentation Done?

Blichmann Cornical

Realistically with how many beers I have kegged right now I should probably start leaving them in the primary longer. I have no real need to clear them out faster other than I'm bored and need something to stick the next batch in. The question is do I spend $35 on a carboy or $50 on a corny keg? I think the long term decision is rather obvious.

I'd get kegs.
https://www.kegconnection.com/pin-lock/

If anyone out there is near Russian River Brewing or in the SF Bay area and can get a bottle of Pliny I'd be willing to work something out to get one! Never had it and would love ot have it for comparison.

Guess I'm a bit surprised RR doesn't get distribution in WA.

I have ball lock but yeah, your point remains. 9 kegs clearly isn't enough.

I mean come on what’s $15 among brewers.... now if someone could develop some kind of FV that could convert magically into a keg that’d be sweet.
They've done it. On sale at our LHBS for some insane price....

Most of these thing have been invented, for 10x the price of a PET carboy though. :(

Most of these thing have been invented, for 10x the price of a PET carboy though. :(

Yeah there's always tech out there to do whatever you want but man the prices are insane. If anything something that could be put into a keg like a french press filter and pushed down to seal off all of the unwanted stuff and then a shortened dip tube. I can't imagine all those parts would be more than $20 if done right. The hardest part is getting something to fit through the opening that can expand to seal the bottom of the keg. I dunno just chewing on new equipment designs.

If you're trying to avoid the trub from keg fermenting, have you looked at the float based dip tubes? Don't keg yet, so I've not tried them.

Or as I thinks been stated in the thread transfer beer to keg fin with geletin cold condition for let's say a week then pressure transfer liquid to liquid into a co2 purged keg for consumption. All your trub is sitting in the last conditioning keg:).

Back