Sierra Nevada has their Pale Ale recipe on their website

Ozarks, I didn't dry hop (per Sierra's web recipe), and I really don't see the need- they are that close in taste & aroma. I'm glad I used your recipe though, and thanks.

Trialben, that's a great suggestion. I've done that before for lagers, and may try it on this.

what they do is brew it like they say on their site but just before packaging the run it through giant hop filled tanks and it gives it that dry hop flavor when packaged I've recreated that and it works

Ozarks, I didn't dry hop (per Sierra's web recipe), and I really don't see the need- they are that close in taste & aroma. I'm glad I used your recipe though, and thanks.

Trialben, that's a great suggestion. I've done that before for lagers, and may try it on this.
It may strip some hop flavour i use geletin in my more hoppy beers but just in case...

I brewed the "clone" recipe as written, well, I may have used Magnum for bittering and Inland Island American Ale blend yeast.... Made a really good beer! It just finished fermenting, ended up at 1.012. Next Homebrew Club meeting I hope to do a comparison with real Sierra Nevada.

Back