Yeast Type Changes

WiscBrewer

Trial Member
Reaction score
After I save a new recipe and later return to BF, I find that the yeast type has changed. Any idea what's going on?

That's weird. Which version of the software are you using (ie app or desktop), and which browser if not an app?
It'd be really great if you could post a screenshot or two so we can dig into it.

That's weird. Which version of the software are you using (ie app or desktop), and which browser if not an app?
It'd be really great if you could post a screenshot or two so we can dig into it.
I access the website on my iPad using Safari and also use the Android app (beta). I only use the app for brewing.

The issue comes up on recipes developed using my iPad. I saved a London Ale III yeast, only to find it subsequently has changed to White Labs European Ale yeast. I tried hitting the save button a few times, but the issue persists.

For what it's worth, I had the same issue on another recipe, and that time White Labs Farmhouse Ale yeast kept popping up. I've never actually used either of these two yeasts.

I access the website on my iPad using Safari and also use the Android app (beta). I only use the app for brewing.

The issue comes up on recipes developed using my iPad. I saved a London Ale III yeast, only to find it subsequently has changed to White Labs European Ale yeast. I tried hitting the save button a few times, but the issue persists.

For what it's worth, I had the same issue on another recipe, and that time White Labs Farmhouse Ale yeast kept popping up. I've never actually used either of these two yeasts.

Does this happen on the iPad when you use a different browser, like chrome or firefox?

Does this happen on the iPad when you use a different browser, like chrome or firefox?
I just tried it with Chrome, and also a browser called Brave. I ran into the same glitch with both.
1. Save a recipe after selecting Wyeast London Ale III (actually hit save a few times)
2. Go to Forums page
3. Return immediately to Dashboard and open the recipe I just saved. The yeast becomes Whitelabs European Ale yeast.

I just tried it with Chrome, and also a browser called Brave. I ran into the same glitch with both.
1. Save a recipe after selecting Wyeast London Ale III (actually hit save a few times)
2. Go to Forums page
3. Return immediately to Dashboard and open the recipe I just saved. The yeast becomes Whitelabs European Ale yeast.

Thanks for the details- we'll work on this.

Having same issue. Created recipe on iPhone on Safari and viewed next day on iPad on Safari to find that my saison recipe using Danstar Belle Saison changed to White Labs East Coast Ale. Changed back to Belle and saved again, repeated three times, each time to find I'm back to a White Labs yeast. Seems to be dependent upon how yeast strains are sorted (name or ID). Frustrating!

Yes, this is very frustrating. It happens on both the iPhone and iPad, using both safari and chrome- but it happens randomly and it's been an issue chasing it down for us. We are working on it, I promise!

Having the same problem on IPad. Yeast is supposed to be Safale S-23, but after saving and coming back to recipe, is always changed to White Labs Australian Ale. I have screen shots but they just show what I have stated.

Having the same problem on IPad. Yeast is supposed to be Safale S-23, but after saving and coming back to recipe, is always changed to White Labs Australian Ale. I have screen shots but they just show what I have stated.

And you're also using Safari? Or a different browser? Which version of the browser or IoS are you using?

And you're also using Safari? Or a different browser? Which version of the browser or IoS are you using?
Just a quick observation. I and others who ran into this issue are seeing the yeast type change to a White Labs yeast. Odd coincidence. Just today, BF changes my Fermentis S05 to WL Abbey Ale.

One other thing I noticed...I just edited my recipe to indicate S05, and saved it. I then immediately hit the view button. It has already changed to WL Abbey Ale.

Please let me know which browser and version you are using. So far it seems that older Safari browsers are the ones with the issue, but we can't recreate (I have iOs 10.) We are working on this, but every report helps.

Please let me know which browser and version you are using. So far it seems that older Safari browsers are the ones with the issue, but we can't recreate (I have iOs 10.) We are working on this, but every report helps.
I have the issue on both Chrome and Safari. My iPad is an older model running IOS 9.3.5. That's the newest version of IOS that my iPad will run.

I have the issue on both Chrome and Safari. My iPad is an older model running IOS 9.3.5. That's the newest version of IOS that my iPad will run.

Thank you! That will help . I have a 10something and haven't been able to recreate.

I had the same issue for a recent recipe. Ended up leaving the yeast blank and created a custom yeast entry and custom attenuation. Built another recipe the same day and no issue. Feels like a software defect but I can't reproduce the issue. This is the second time I've faced this... Ended up deleting the first time and rebuilding from scratch - no issue after rebuilding.

I had the same issue for a recent recipe. Ended up leaving the yeast blank and created a custom yeast entry and custom attenuation. Built another recipe the same day and no issue. Feels like a software defect but I can't reproduce the issue. This is the second time I've faced this... Ended up deleting the first time and rebuilding from scratch - no issue after rebuilding.

What browser are you using? Which version? We are still having issues with nailing this one down, as I cannot recreate at all.

Back