Greetings from Baltimore!

Albreezy

Trial Member
Reaction score
Greetings fellow homebrewers,

Long time browser, first time poster (guess its time to become a premium member!). I've been brewing for a little over 6 months, 5 batches in now. Looking forward to getting a little more serious with brewing. Currently using a 15gal kettle and propane burner setup, 5gal batches. Only extract w/ steeping grain recipes thus far. I've been going to Alecraft Brewing in Bel Air for all of my supplies. Great little shop, and now with a small brewery. Highly recommend it!

Any other brewers in the Maryland area with some recommendations on clubs to join?

Welcome, I think I'm right near you. I'm by white marsh mall.
The only thing that kept me from going to that store is that they don't let you get your own grain. After doing it for myself at Maryland Homebrew for years, I just can't let someone else do it for me
No idea on clubs, I'm not much of a joiner. I think CRABS meets at the Heavy Seas brewery

Hello. As a response to what jm said, I have 2 shops in town. Both of them get the grain for me. One of them even grinds it! I figured that was a standard that grain was kept behind the counter at brew shops.

Welcome! (Prolly sounds strange from Steelers fan). Enjoy the obsession! I'm sorry... I meant to say "Hobby"! Great group of people here and always willing to help. Happy Brewing!

Hello. As a response to what jm said, I have 2 shops in town. Both of them get the grain for me. One of them even grinds it! I figured that was a standard that grain was kept behind the counter at brew shops.
We have two shops here in Madison, WI (lucky us!). Both of them are get-your-own, grind-your-own. They both have terrific grain inventories. The Brew and Grow shop keeps their hops and yeast in a cooler behind the counter tho, so I usually get that stuff at the other place cuz I like to browse in that department.

Back